Philip S Castle
    Dec 1925
    1a
    Fulham

cannot find it

Thanks

Hi Val

I can't see it either.

It looks like there's a problem with quarters 3 & 4 for surnames C & R (tho I only looked at those). Some people are recorded in both of those quarters but the images for Q4 link to the wrong image.

I can't see a way to report the errors to Ancestry.
    Jay

Comment

I've looked at the Castle & Rose images on freebmd & none of the people that appear on those two pages are indexed on Ancestry. I'm guessing they're alot more missing then from Ancestry's index too.
      Jay

Comment

oh thanks Jay thought I was going mad ? will report it if I can find our how , nice to see you by the way

Comment

Hi Val

Please can I ask if you can gain extra information from viewing the record on Ancestry and if so how?

thanks
          Trish

Comment

hello Trish what do you mean by extra information ??? the only reason I want it is to add to my Tree on Ancestry its so much easier than copying the record from another site and adding it

Comment

Hi Val

Thanks for your reply. I thought I had missed a way of finding the second partner in a marriage.

Thought they may have added a " Magic Button " or something....lol

Trish

Comment

they have on FMP nite x

Comment

Hi Val, this was also discussed on a forum thread in Jan this year. It was something I had found out about earlier and had e-mailed Ancestry informing them of the mistake back in September last year. The indexes for the Jul-Aug-Sep quarter have been used for the Oct-Nov-Dec quarter, it affects all names in that quarter.

This is their reply:

"Thank you for your email.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have reported this to our content team to look into. Feedback from you, our valued customer, helps us correct errors and improve the website. Your patience and efforts to assist us in this matter are appreciated.

Please understand that fixes to errors on Ancestry are posted firstly in the order of those which affect the greatest number of users, and thereafter in the order in which they are reported. For this reason, fixes for some errors may take longer than others to be posted. We appreciate your patience."

So obviously they still haven't done anything. Maybe we need to flood them with e-mails about it and they would put it to the top their list

Linda
                  Last edited by ozgirl; 26-04-11, 08:40.
                  Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Hi Ozgirl thanks for that it doesn't surprise me as I have found errors I reported months ago still not corrected, have to keep reminding them I suppose?

Comment

Hi - do you think the couple were Jewish? There's some Castle marriages and deaths on JCRUK...

Comment

hi yes she was Jewish but nobody knew lol

Comment

..do you think he was?...

Comment

no idea Naomi but its possible I suppose ???

Comment

There is a Philip Castle who passed away in 1939 as per the JC..

Comment

Working...
                              X