help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help please

i have some information from a tree on ancestry im trying to verify. the tree is extremely well researched, so i believe the facts to be true.

lavinia broff, born about 1774 in fort marlborough, sumatra. married firstly richard brown on 17 apr 1797, huntingdon. he died 1798. she is thought to have remarried on 21 mar 1807, st james westminster to john martin, and have died in 1866, east stonehouse, devon.

the thing is i have not seen the 1st marriage on ancestry for witnesses, nor can i see her on any census? is anyone able to help?

The marriage is on the IGI on Familysearch.org here's a link if it works http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Sear...set_search.asp
    Margaret

Comment

The marriage to John Martin is only briefly listed on Ancestry.
      No witnesses are shown.
      It does have L beside the entry, which I take to mean licence. Maybe there are more details if you could view the licence records.

Gwyn

Comment

Can't see her on 1841 or 1861. If she lived to 1866 she would have done well as she would have been 92!!
        Margaret

Comment

thanx for looking margaret. the death fits, with her daughter living in devon. the age is a few years younger than i'd expect, but i can't see her at all. she should be there lol.

Comment

Perhaps she was in a workhouse where only initials might be listed.
            Margaret

Comment

that's a good point. i have also seen her niece married to a sir, who appeared as lady may on the census. maybe she is under some title like mrs?

Comment

That's a possibility. I'm trying to think of how you might search for her other than identifying a workhouse in Stonehouse, Devon 1861 and looking through the census images to see if anything looks likely.

Comment

i think she must be under something else, but i just can't think of what.

Comment

Working...
                  X