No announcement yet.

Jane Taylor St Helens born 1883/1884??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jane Taylor St Helens born 1883/1884??

Hi
    I am having a few problems and came across this forum and was wondering if anybody could help??

I am looking for a Jane Taylor who was born in St Helens around 1883/1884, she married in 1907 aged 23 to a Goulding Edwards. I have a copy of the marriage certificate and she lived at Duke Street, St Helens when she married. Her dad was called John Taylor.

I know she died on the 12 January 1951 and is buried in St Helens. My problem is I can't find her on any census reports at all and I am stuck and frustrated!!

Hopefully someone can shed some light and maybe point me in the right direction please??

Do you have John Taylor's occupation (from Jane's marriage certificate)?
    Do the witnesses on the marriage certificate help at all - ? related to Jane.

... and welcome to Family Tree Forum.
    Elaine

Comment

there isn a Jane Taylor born abt 1887 St Helens ,Sister living with a
      Daniel Taylor and his family at Duke Street St helens he is a Coal Miner
      RG3 3520 42 6

Comment

1891 she is living at same address with Daniel and her Mother Mary a Widow born abt 1845 St Helens ?? maybe this is her ?
        RG12 3019 81 3

Comment

she is the only one I can find about the right birth year born in St Helens

Comment

Thank you for all your help, I'll look into them! On the marriage certificate it says her dad was a collier and the witnesses were Richard Edwards and Jane Edwards; her husbands brother and mum.

Comment

Oh sorry i have that birth certificate of the jane taylor born in 1887 her dad it says was james taylor not john taylor though but deceased?????? yep her mums name was mary. Could the age on the marriage certificate be incorrect??
              Last edited by emzzz910; 24-04-11, 18:03.

Comment

Yes she may have said she was a couple of years older, especially if her husband was older than her? The Jane Val found looked a good possibility, but tracking brother Daniel back to the 1881 census he was with parents Mary and JAMES. Could it be that if her father died very soon after her birth Jane wasn't sure of his first name?
                Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

it's always posible her father is listed wrong the marriage cert.

Comment

I have been looking into all the above information and was hopeful that the Daniel was her brother. As above I found him on the 1891 census with Jane and mother Mary living in Duke Street, then on the 1901 census same address with Jane but married both of these say he was born in Ince in Wigan Lancs. I also found a Daniel Taylor on the 1881 census living in St Helens with mother and father and siblings but at a different address with other siblings but on this is says he was born in St Helens....is this the same person or a different Daniel Taylor...he had a brother on this census that was also on the 1891 one(Thomas).

Also in 1871 I found James and Mary Taylor with siblings living in Ince in Wigan and some of the same named siblings as on the 1881 census.

Sorry for all the info..!! I am terribly stuck and confused!!!

Comment

Birth Daniel Taylor - possible
                      Oct-Nov-Dec 1871
                      Wigan 8c 81

1871 RG10; Piece: 3892; Folio: 44; Page: 15 - Brook St, Ince in Makerfield, Wigan
                      1881 RG11; Piece: 3738; Folio: 33; Page: 591 - 36 Park Rd, Parr, St Helen's

I wouldn't be too worried about the 1881 giving St Helen's as his POB as this can often happen when people move around so much.
                      If you have Jane's birth cert it will have her mother's maiden name on it . From that you should be able to find a marriage for James and Mary about 1861-1865
                      Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Thank you very everyones help!! The marriage between James and Mary (on janes birth certificate it says marys maiden name was Mawdsley) I can not find either in Wigan or St Helens between 1861-1865?? Am I missing something?

Comment

Working...
                        X