Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody downloaded IE9 and what do you think ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody downloaded IE9 and what do you think ?

I did last night and it looks quite good:D

spoke too soon cant work out how to have more than one window open at a time ?

Comment

Well after reading your post I thought I'd download it to give it a try. I run Vista on my mac through parallels. I went to download it but had to download two service packs and about 64 other updates. (I don't use the internet usually when I am using vista I use Safari instead). To be honest I've only had a quick look at it and it seems to me a bit of Microsoft playing catchup.

I've just spent a while playing to try and find the answer to your problem and I have found it. If you right-click on the clear bit to the side of the tabs it brings up the menu bar (file, edit,view etc..). Select file and then you can then select 'open new window'. If it is just the tabs you are looking for they are to the right of the address bar.

Personally at home I shall stick to Safari as it seems that the new features I've found so far have been on safari for years. At work I shan't be able to play with it as I'm only on XP there and you need Vista or Win7 to be able to install it.

Linda
      LindaG

Comment

cor Linda I uninstalled it in the end as I couldn't work out how to do lots of stuff on it , might try again another time .Thanks for trying .

Comment

It's faster that IE8.

Val, the page tabs are above the Menu Bar.
          http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....om/~steveabye/

Comment

thanks Old Holborn might have another go then

Comment

I've burbled along with IE8 and been quite happy, but downloading IE9 is, I think for me, a step too far .

I couldn't get my favourites back and lost all the tabs which I find so useful, so I've reverted back to IE8 and think I'll wait until the brain is more amenable to change!

Gwyn
              Freya - a lovely, funny human-friendly disaster waiting to happen....

Comment

it does take some getting used to Gwyn so dont blame you

Comment

Hmm, I really should bite the bullet ................

Gwyn
                  Freya - a lovely, funny human-friendly disaster waiting to happen....

Comment

I downloaded it yesterday and so far so good. Its faster than IE8.

A couple of things I've changed on it though - I've moved the page tabs so they're on a line of their own. Also I found that I couldn't easily read them so I changed the settings so the background colour is paler and they're not so transparent. It makes the writing stand out more.

I expect there are other things to discover but that will take time.
                    Jackie

Comment

I'm still working it out. Much more stable that previous, trouble it is a different concept and it takes a bit of getting used to but if you
                      have been using firefox there should be no problems. Much, Much faster than previous.
                      David
                      Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

Working...
                      X