Eyes please :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyes please :)

Can someone have a look at the ancestry Liverpool marriage record for Socrates Confusious Rigby (I know, I know - its OH's side, not mine thank gawd) and see what his occupation is - I wondered Commercial agent? not sure on second word.

20 Jul

Everton St George, Lancashire

While you're there, if anyone can find out what happened to Moses Levi Rigby his brother or Bodecia Rigby the sister ..................

What about - Commercial Clerk
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Well, that would be good actually, as Ive just found his army records on there (god, he must have gone through hell with that name in the army) and in that he is shown as 33 as being a shipping Clerk. So I think you may well be right there. Thank you.

Comment

I've had a look & I think commercial clerk too.....I thought that the second word looked like an a at first, but it looks more like the other cs than the as

Comment

I wonder if he went by a more common name in his everyday life.
          I have a Ferdinand who was known as Fred.
          herky
          Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Thanks guys.

The father must have been very learned or a complete mad man. None of the kids had "normal" names. I think OH's grandad was the most normal, just Abraham Isaac.

Comment

I think it is Commercial Clerk too. What info do you have on Moses Levi Rigby and Boadecia (sp?) Rigby, and what are you looking for? I've found birth/baptisms and I think census records but as I assume you subscribe to Ancestry you'll have those. Just let us know, and I'll have another look.
              Best wishes, Polly

Begley - St Helens & Liverpool & somewhere in Ireland; Foster - Liverpool & Yorkshire (Ripon & Leeds); Pendleton - Huyton & Liverpool; Milnes - Leeds & Ripon; Banister - Preston; Wales - Liverpool & Cumberland; Ireland - Prescot; McDonough - Liverpool; Quirk - Liverpool; Hunt - St Helens; Tickle - St Helens

Comment

I had to grin, Heather.....I know there have been quite a few cases where footie fans in Liverpool named their children after members of the team....but I never knew any of these played for the Merseyside clubs (reminds me of Monty Python's Greek philosophers vs German philosophers match)

Comment

Working...
                X