WW1 letters discovered in loft.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WW1 letters discovered in loft.

I posted this on here as I thought it was more likely to be picked up in searches. Mods please move it if you think it would be better elsewhere.

This is in our local paper this week and I thought I'd post the link in case anyone can help.

First World War letters to sweetheart uncovered in Epsom loft
    A woman has uncovered a suitcase full of First World War love letters between two sweethearts, which had sat in her loft for over 40 years.

P** C*** moved into her home in the Greenway in 1971 where previous owner, 70-year old Alec Scott, had lived with his wife and daughter before their sudden deaths.

http://www.epsomguardian.co.uk/news/...vered_in_loft/

Wouldn't it be wonderful to find a family member who would love these letters?
    My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

It certainly would be good... just trickier to move forward in time, rather than backward!

I imagine that, if there's no family which wants them, the Imperial War Museum might well find them a valued addition to their collections.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I would tend to think that there are some members/researchers on the Great War Forum who would be interested in those
      letters. I can post a query there if you think it would be in order.
      David
      Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

Thank you David. Maybe you could post the link to the newspaper article.

I have no personal interest in the story, only from my interest in family history. The house where they were found is quite close to the home we moved to in 1971 - although ours was a new build so no chance of finding any old documents there! I just think it would be lovely for these letters to be given to family members, or failing that, as Christine said, to be given to the Imperial War Museum.
        My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Sue,
          That's what I thought of doing. Thanks
          david
          Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

Working...
          X