Old search on ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old search on ancestry

Have just had to renew and suddenly it's the new search.
    I know the old search button used to be in the top corner but can't find it.
    Is the old search still there?
    Many thanks
    If it's to be, it's up to me.
    Searching for:
    English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Click on SEARCH and then SEARCH ALL RECORDS - and you should find the Old Search tab on the right hand side.
    Elaine

Comment

Many thanks Elaine, I get in such a state when I can't find the old search.
      It makes so much more sense than the new one.
      If it's to be, it's up to me.
      Searching for:
      English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanie with one n. View Post
        It makes so much more sense than the new one.
        I agree!
        Elaine

Comment

I use the library version and in the last two weeks the Old Search seems to have disappeared. I'll try your instructions next time I go, Elaine.
          Jenny

Comment

I've lost it in the library version too. I tried the tip but still couldn't get it. Has anybody found it in library site yet?

Comment

You could try using the following url for the "old search" method

Elaine

Comment

Oh dear, looks as if you are out of luck (see 4th post from Nick_Ips)
                Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine - not good news! It seems I'm not the only one who doesn't like the new search but I guess I'll have to get used to it. :(
                  Jenny

Comment

Working...
                  X