New to the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the forum

Hi everyone I'm Jenny and have just joined the forum. I'm hoping somebody can help me, I'm researching my late father's family. He was Gerald Charles Scott b 22-9-1919 his parents were Herbert Edgar b 1880 Lexdon and Margaret Emily nee Taylor b 1887 they were living at 59 Nelson St, Brigtlingsea at the time of his birth.

Herbert's parents - Walter b 1832 Copford Green and Margaret b 1837 d 1886 second wife Louisa Jane Lett b 1865.

Walter's parents - John b 1801 - 1869 Copford Green and Lizza 1803 - 1874.

My father worked as captain on cargo ships and retired to Salcombe working with his brother Geoff?. On his death certificate name removed (sister) is named as living at Sydney Street, Brightlingsea but I don't know whether she is still alive or not - probably not.

All the information I have is taken from the census but if anybody can help me out it would be much appreciated. If anyone has any old photo's or maps of the area I would love to see them.

Sorry if this has been a long thread - by the way I'm in King's Lynn, Norfolk so if anyone needs anything doing this way let me know.

Thanks for being patient hope to hear some news soon Jenny.
    Last edited by Barbara Dodds; 20-04-11, 22:31. Reason: possible living person

Wecome to the forum, Jenny. You seem to have done quite well already with the census information! Is there a specific question you have about your research?

Anne

Comment

Hi Jenny and welcome to the forum.

As we do not allow the names of living persons on this forum I have removed the name of the witness on the death certificate.

To help those that will be along to help you can you let us have the details of the censuses you have found please? Retype the basic information rather than using a copy and paste. Also can you confirm that you are looking for Margaret Emily Taylors family?
      Barbara

Comment

Working...
      X