Looking for Lily Kay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Lily Kay

Looking for a baptism or marriage or in 1911 census to try and find whom her parents were ??(she is my greatgran martha Rice nee Kay's niece Lady in avater)
    Lilly Kay b 1884 Ashton-under-Lyne in 1891 living with her Gran mother Elizabeth Kay b 1828 Same place as Lily.
    Any help please
    Dom
    Last edited by domo; 20-04-11, 21:43.

Have you got any addresses Dom?

Comment

I cannot see your 1891 census?

The closest I can find is a Lily Kay born 1884 Beswick Manchester, living with grandmother Elizabeth Kay born 1828 Manchester. Living in Beswick.

Also found a 1901 census for a Lily Kay born 1884 Manchester, shown as niece to Mary A Kay born 1858 Manchester. Living in Ashton under Lyne.

Are these right? If not can you give the census reference for your 1891 census.
      Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by domo View Post
        she is my greatgran martha Rice nee Kay's niece
        so who were Marthas siblings?
        Jess

Comment

Elaine That Lily in both census rtns that you have found I am trying to find out who her parents were ??

Jessowbag
          Mary Ann KAY Daur U Female 25 Lancashire, England Cotton Weaver
          James KAY Son U Male 22 Lancashire, England Laborer Unemployed
          Thomas KAY Son U Male 17 Mancr, Lancashire, England Fly Maker (S & W M)
          Martha KAY Daur U Female 13 Beswick, Lancashire, England Scholar(My line)
          Ann KAY Daur U Female 11 Lancashire, England Scholar
          Richard KAY Son U Male 7 Lancashire, England Scholar
          taken from 1881 census rtn
          Dom

Comment

There is a possible marriage in 1906 in Ashton under Lyne (which is where she was living in 1901) between a Lily Kay and Robert William Lawton.
            The image for the MC is on Family search - click here
            Doesn't actually help at all because it says Lily is illegitmate and no father's name given!

Really need to find this couple in the 1911 census to see if the birth place for Lily matches - but I can't see them at the moment!
            Elaine

Comment

Elaine
              Look as though it could be her same occupation and area and age correct hope you find then in 1911
              say she was illegitimate so who was her Mother ??
              Dom
              Last edited by domo; 21-04-11, 09:32.

Comment

Elaine can you send me like to web page were you found marrige please
                Dom

Comment

can some one do a look up in 1911 for me found her :-)
                  Lawton Lily 1884 Beswick Manchester Hemsworth
                  Lawton Robert William 1881 Hanley Notts Stafford Hemsworth
                  Dom

Comment

Elaine can you send me like to web page were you found marrige please
                    Dom
                    If you click on the word "here" in post #6 it should take you to the page, if not the link is:
                    https://www.familysearch.org/search/...04497156_00664

Elaine
                    Look as though it could be her same occupation and area and age correct hope you find then in 1911
                    say she was illegitimate so who was her Mother ??
                    Dom
                    I don't think you are going to be able to find out unless you can locate her birth certificate or baptism.

I have checked on Lancashire OPC (Online Parish Clerk) but cannot see anything useful.

There are quite a few images for different parishes on the Family Search website - click here. You need to select a parish and then scroll through the image pages. Rather than scrolling through page 1, then page2, then page 3 - you will see a box at the top where you can type in the page number you want and jump directly to that. It is just a matter of trial and error getting to the right year you are looking for - jumping forwards and backwards through the images. Very time consuming but well worth it if you find something!
                    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine that it Lilys marriage they appear in 1911 but i am unable to view it:-(
                      Dom
                      Last edited by domo; 21-04-11, 10:22.

Comment

1911 census re Lily and Robert Lawson they had been married for 5 years she had given birth to 3 children but all 3 had died. Hope this helps. Jenny

Comment

Working...
                        X