Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toovey lookup essex or kent

Hi
    I was wondering if somebody could help with 2 lookups. I have just discovered another ancestor after purchasing a birth certicate. This has set me off to complete this family.
    I am looking for a birth or baptism date for the following 2 family members.
    - Emily Toovey. She died 23/02/1840 at Westerham in the district of Sevenoaks kent aged 10.That means she was born about 1830 to parents Richard Duppa Toovey and Sarah. She may have been born Westerham / Sevenoaks or Colchester Essex.

- Lingwood Toovey. He would of been born around 1828 in either Westerham Kent or Colchester Essex to the same parents as for Emily.
    Hoping somebody could assist.
    Tidders
    researching Tidball, Toovey, Manley, Fairchild, Courtier, Debois, McConchie, Wardlaw

All I could find on Ancestry was a Christening record. All of the names match up except for the fathers.

Name: Emily Clara Toovey
    Birth Date: abt 1839
    Christening Date: 29 Jun 1839
    Christening Place: Watford, Hertfordshire, England
    Father's name: James Toovey
    Mother's name: Sarah

Comment

I couldn't seem to see anything for Lingwood.

Comment

Thanks dburdziak for the lookup and reply.
        This Emily is not the one. It might have to be a parish lookup as both were both prior to 1837.
        Thanks again.
        researching Tidball, Toovey, Manley, Fairchild, Courtier, Debois, McConchie, Wardlaw

Comment

Tombstone in Westerham Churchyard says as follows:
          In memory of Richard Duppa Toovey died Aug 30 1868 76yrs Sarah Whittaker Toovey/widow of the above/died decr 20th 1871 aged 71/ Henry Duppa Toovey/died Novr 7th 1859/ in Nagasaki Japan aged 26yrs
          To the (indistinct writing??) of Jane Amelia dearly loved daughter of R.D. and S.W. Toovey who entered into her rest/ May 10th 1863 aged 23yrs/looking unto Jesus.
          In memory of William Toovey died Jan 20th 1833 in the 2nd year of his age/ Matilda Jane Toovey/died Oct 1st 1836 aged 1 week/ Edward Toovey died 21st Jan 1843/ in the 2nd year of his age. In memory of Sarah Whittaker Toovey/died July 15th 1836 aged 11 Fanny Toovey/died Feb 23rd 1840 aged 10/Lingwood Toovey/died May 2nd ar Adelaide South Australia/ aged 41yrs.

There is a cross and the inscriptions are on all four side of the memorial. If you send me an email I can send you a picture of the tombston though the writing will not be distinct enoug to show up.

Comment

Just posted a reply that include Lingwood who died May 2nd at Adelaide South Australia aged 41yrs from Toovey Tombstone in Westerham Kent

Comment

Thankyou so much Success.
              This is truely fantastic. Richard Duppa toovey is my Great Great Grandfather and to have so many names on this tombstone is just great. Lingwood Toovey I had managed to trace to Australia - NSW and Melbourne and now South Australia Wow. I would love a pic of the tombstone and will send a personal message to you.
              tidders

Comment

Working...
              X