Where did Jonathon Dale get married ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did Jonathon Dale get married ?

I am trying to locate the marriage of Jonathon Dale born abt 1805 in Stockport, Cheshire, his parents were Thomas Dale and Ann / Nancy. His parents moved to Burnley and his father Thomas died in 1829 and is buried at St Peter's Church Burnley.
    Jonathon had several siblings who all had either their first or second marriages at St Peter's - but I can find no record for him.

Jonathon married a Susan / Susanah Smith and the only record I can find is in Halifax on 9th Dec 1832. Jonathon and Susan only had one son as far as I can find an Edward Dale born in Burnley about 1834. The family lived on Church Street near to St Peter's and Jonathon was an umbrella maker. Edward was a capenter boat builder and he later married an Alice Smith from Burnley in 1859.

I would like to find Jonathon's marriage and more about Susan / Susanah Smith if possible as he was my 3x great grandfather. Jonathon's sister Mary married a Thomas Rawstron in 1833 at St Peter's, his brother Edward married an Elizabeth Harris at St Peter's in 1837, his brothers Thomas and William were also married there in 1852, 1839 and again in 1859.

Jonathon like his father and mother is buried at St Peter's as is Susanah.

So was it him who got married in Halifax and how could I find out?

Hope someone can help me

Sunshine_Days

Hi Sunshine

I have had a quick look and only found the same as you.

I see from census that Susan/Susannah was born in Burnley so I don't know if the marrige in Halifax is them or not.

Sorry but just to let you know I have looked
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Working...
    X