What happened to Ann Alt ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to Ann Alt ?

This is a spinoff from my Hudson thread. Just on the offchance that someone might spot something obvious I've missed.

So I've got a marriage between a John Hudson & a Mary Alt in Shepshed, Leicestershire in 1799.....when I REALLY wanted an Ann as a wife. There are a couple of other couples I'm following up, but one thing has struck me. Someone found me the baptism of Mary Alt on 13 July 1770 in Kegworth, Leicestershire, but it looks as though the entry refers to the baptisms of 2 girls....Mary & Ann Alt, the daughters of William & Elizabeth Alt (difficult to decipher...so any part of this may be incorrect)

Just wondering if there was really only one girl baptised & that was either Mary Ann or Ann Mary Alt & that, on her marriage she used the name Mary &, for other occasions Ann. (Can't find John & Mary later on)

So what I've been trying to do is to see if I can find out what happened to the Ann Alt baptised in 1770....obviously, if she died or married someone else, this would rule her out completely.

I think these families were agricultural labourers scattered throught Notts/Derbys/Leics. I've done my best to go through them & a friend has double checked Notts (she has the film for Notts), but none of the Ann Alts/Aults/Olds etc match.

If anyone can spot this Ann Ault marrying or dying at all, but especially between 1770 & 1799 (when John Hudson & Mary Alt were married), I'd be very grateful
    Last edited by greyingrey; 16-04-11, 14:46.

Why don't you ever have any queries in the 1800's or 1900's Grey. I might be able to help then
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

That's my problem, Chrissie (apart from ??? others).....I haven't developed a "feeling" for the earlier stuff yet. I plough through as best I can

Comment

Profound apologies....I forgot to put ones I had checked out that might be misleading.

I checked out an Ann Ault who married a Joe Bacon in Derby....but she was born in a village in Derbyshire. There's also an Ann Alt who died in 1792 in Ashby De La Zouch, Leics. I can't rule her out unreservedly but there were 2 or 3 Ann Alts born there, whose deaths I can't find before then, but who would have been elderly by then, so I think it's unlikely (I'll try & check out all their deaths)

I also checked the census records in case she hadn't got married, but I can't find anyone round about the right age

Comment

Working...
        X