Ames/Reynolds marriage and children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ames/Reynolds marriage and children

I am meeting a brick wall with this one.
    John Ames marries Priscilla M Reynolds Q3 1924 in Islington London. Also Alec Ashley Ames(b c1878 marries Emma M Reynolds(?dob) in East Preston in 09.1934. There is a child born in 1928 to this couple, Albert Gerald Ames.
    Possibly two brothers married two sisters. There is a Joan E Ames born in June 1927 in Islington to Elizabeth Marsh and Alec A Ames (They married in Q3 1925, his second marriage, but I cannot find a death for her!); he was previously married to Ada Loiusa Warne in Islington in 1899. She died in 1920 in Islington. They had 7 children at least.
    There are Ames/ Reynols children born in Mar 1922 (Reginald C), Mar 1924 (Kathleen M), and Jun 1925 (Ashley T), all in Wandsworth. I am trying to find out who the parents of these three children are? Alec A Ames or John Ames or someone else. Can anyone help.
    Judith

To forbid us anything is to make us have a mind for it."
    -- Michel de Montaigne, Essays, 1559

Generally the only way you can find out who the parents are (when there are same name marriages) is to get the birth certificates.
    Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by judith allport View Post
      There is a Joan E Ames born in June 1927 .... but I cannot find a death for her!)
      Maybe she's not actually dead.

I've checked the public trees on Ancestry, but it only reveals that you know more about Alec A Ames than the person there who has him on their tree. They only have his first marriage to Ada, but they don't have any children.

Sorry I can't be more help.
      Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

Sorry SmallTown Girl, I meant I cannot find a death for Elizabeth Marsh. Perhaps she divorced Alec and remarried.
        Originally posted by SmallTownGirl View Post
        Maybe she's not actually dead.

I've checked the public trees on Ancestry, but it only reveals that you know more about Alec A Ames than the person there who has him on their tree. They only have his first marriage to Ada, but they don't have any children.

Sorry I can't be more help.
        Judith

Comment

Also Alec Ashley Ames(b c1878 marries Emma M Reynolds(?dob) in East Preston in 09.1934. There is a child born in 1928 to this couple, Albert Gerald Ames.
          Hi Judith
          Do you have the marriage cert for the above marriage? If not have you considered that it might be the son Alec Albert Ames who married Emma Reynolds.
          Moggie

Comment

I have Gerald A ames marriage cert which mentions his father as Alec Ashley Ames.
            Judith

Comment

Ah, I see now.

Any idea when/where Elizabeth Marsh was born ?
              Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

Hi Judith
                This certainly is a brick wall because the 4 Ames/Reynolds children that you mention born 1922, 1924,1925 & 1928 were all registered in Wandsworth (reg district) so you would expect them to all be one family but the earliest Ames/Reynolds marriage took place in 1924.Is it possible that Alec Ashley Ames had 2 wives? on the go at the same time & couldn't marry Emma M (Reynolds) until Elizabeth (Marsh) had died.
                Moggie

Comment

She was born in Q2 1900 in Barnsby, London or Islington, London. She was Elizabeth Westwwod Marsh.
                  Judith

Comment

I think the only way you are going to solve this is to get the birth certs but that will prove expensive!!
                    Margaret

Comment

Hi Judith
                      I have just sent you a PM with an idea about Elizabeth but coming back to the thread now see that you have more details about her. Is this a coincidence but an Elizabeth Westwood Marsh died in 1977 at Warwick & Leamington. Her date of birth given as 24th Feb 1900.
                      Moggie

P S
                      Just found the death of a Constance Westwood Gore in 1974, (born 20th Sep 1898) Warwick. Constance W Marsh married a Henry J Gore in Islington in 1933.
                      Last edited by maudarby; 13-04-11, 14:53.

Comment

Originally posted by maudarby View Post
                        Hi Judith
                        I have just sent you a PM with an idea about Elizabeth but coming back to the thread now see that you have more details about her. Is this a coincidence but an Elizabeth Westwood Marsh died in 1977 at Warwick & Leamington. Her date of birth given as 24th Feb 1900.
                        Moggie

P S
                        Just found the death of a Constance Westwood Gore in 1974, (born 20th Sep 1898) Warwick. Constance W Marsh married a Henry J Gore in Islington in 1933.
                        Thank you. Constance is Elizabeth's sister. Her mother was Emma C Westwood and her father was Ebenezer Marsh. On the 1901 census they lived at 1 Milner Sq, Islington. There wasa another child Ebenezer J Marsh, b 1897
                        The Reynolds girl must have been previously married i think.
                        Judith

Comment

The Reynolds girl must have been previously married i think.

Hi Judith
                          Do you mean Emma M Reynolds?
                          If she was the mother of the Ames children at Wandsworth& she had previously been married then wouldn't the listed maiden name be something different?
                          Moggie

Comment

Yes I did but I cannot see any that fit. There is a birth in Camberwell in 1902 for an Emma M Reynolds. Just to complicate matters there is also a Priscilla M Reynolds who marries a John Ames in Islington in Sep 1924.
                            Judith

Comment

Working...
                            X