Can anyone search the 1911census please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone search the 1911census please

Shows how i'm out of touch, not sure if this is still just ppv or not???

Anyway, if not I would appreciate a lookup please;

Goulson, Francis Page
    Born Lincoln, Lincs, 1888.

I know he served in WWI and was discharged in 1920 on medical grounds but would appreciate the household details from 1911 if possible. His parents had died by 1901 so curious as to what happened to him and siblings after the probate was sorted.

Thanks
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Hi, here it is

BOLTON, Florence Kate Widow F 30 1881 Notts Retford
    BOLTON, Margaret Mary Leslie Daughter F 8 1903 Lincs Spalding
    LEIVESLEY, Constance Frances Cousin Single F 22 1889 Dressmaker Lincoln
    GOULSON, Francis Page Brother Single M 22 1889 Barber Lincoln
    ASHWELL, Joseph Boarder Single M 20 1891 Civil Service G P O Lincs Spalding

Comment

Here you go
      BOLTON, Florence Kate Head Widow F 30 1881 Notts Retford
      BOLTON, Margaret Mary Leslie Daughter F 8 1903 Lincs Spalding
      LEIVESLEY, Constance Frances Cousin Single F 22 1889 Dressmaker Lincoln
      GOULSON, Francis Page Brother Single M 22 1889 Barber Lincoln
      ASHWELL, Joseph Boarder Single M 20 1891 Civil Service G P O Lincs Spalding

Comment

Snap and too late!

Comment

Oh, if you want the address as well, it was 8 South Parade in Lincoln and Florence Kate had one child who had died, in addition to Margaret.

Comment

Thanks very much. Frances went onto marry Dorothy Ashwell, wonder how he might have met her .

I didn't realise that Florence was a widow by then either, I think the child who died was killed when a hot water bottle exploded or something, another cert order I haven't got round to yet!!! never heard of the Leivesley name before, wonder where that comes in?

Another sibling lived in North Parade so not too far away.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

I don't know whether this gives you any clues to the Lievesley name Glen? This is cousin Constance Frances, who was born April-June 1888 Lincoln, in 1891 with parents Tom and Sarah -

I think Tom Lievesley married Sarah Preston in Bourne Lincolnshire April-June 1887 7a 630
              Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                I don't know whether this gives you any clues to the Lievesley name Glen? This is cousin Constance Frances, who was born April-June 1888 Lincoln, in 1891 with parents Tom and Sarah -

I think Tom Lievesley married Sarah Preston in Bourne Lincolnshire April-June 1887 7a 630
                I can't follow the link i'm afraid Chrissie though I can see how everything fits;

1. Mary Preston was born ABT 1855 in Wigtoft,Lincolnshire and died 13 Jul 1892 in Lincoln, Lincolnshire. She married Page Richard Goulson 27 Jul 1878 in Bourne District, Lincolnshire. He was born 08 May 1851 in Lincoln, Lincolnshire and died 27 Apr 1901 in Lincoln, Lincolnshire, son of Valentine Goulson and Mary Bemrose.

Other events in the life of Mary Preston
                Burial: Mary GOULSON Date 2 May 1892 Aged 37 Place Lincoln Description St Swithin Denomination Anglican Coun

Children of Mary Preston and Page Richard Goulson:
                i. 2. Mary Bemrose Goulson was born 1879 in Lincoln, Lincolnshire
                ii. 3. Florence Kate Goulson was born 08 Nov 1880 in East Retford,Nottinghamshire
                iii. Edith Annie Goulson was born 1882 in East Retford,Nottinghamshire and died 27 Mar 1891 in Lincoln, Lincolnshire
                iv. 4. Francis Page Goulson was born 25 Sep 1888 in Lincoln, Lincolnshire

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

That makes sense then Glen. Sarah Preston was born in 1866 in Wigtoft. Her parents were James and Sarah. He was a Drainage Engine Driver Engineer Guthram!!
                  Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Thanks Chrissie, seems the drainage thing ties in with some other Goulson family too, more and more possible answers to show who went where and why.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Working...
                    X