1891 Harriet BIRT / BURT in Woolwich, London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1891 Harriet BIRT / BURT in Woolwich, London

I wonder if SKS could do a look-up for me for Harriet BIRT / BURT in Woolwich, London? She should be unmarried, age about 19 [though the likely record shows her as 21], born Plumstead. She may be with (as in 1881) Charles and Sarah FIRTH. If so, would be interested to know what relationship she has with the head of household, and her occupation. If she is not with them, I would like to know with which family she is staying. Thanks

The 21 year old Harriet Burt in Woolwich in 1891 was living, along with 8 siblings, with her parents William and Harriet. She was shown as born Woolwich and working as a cook domestic servant. her father was a racket maker.
    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

I can see now (my mistake, sorry!) that that Harriet is clearly with her parents in 1881, so not the one I am looking for. I am looking for a Harriet BIRT born 1871 Plumstead (Woolwich RD) but cannot find any other candidate. I wonder if someone that could be her is staying with Sarah A FIRTH (age 43) in Woolwich in 1891 (Sarah should be with husband Charles)? PS: thanks for the quick respinse JudithM

Comment

Sarah and Charles Firth are living at 64 Beresford Street, Woolwich.
        The only other person in the household is John Janawary (lodger).
        RG12; Piece: 532; Folio 6; Page 6;
        Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine - I've tried all sorts of permutations but she just cannot be found in 1891 - will just have to leave it!

Comment

could she have married?

Comment

Hi kylejustin - good question! The answer is yes, but not until 1893 (in Woolwich, to - I think highly likely - Henry PLANT based on later census search) so she seems to have vanished!

Comment

Working...
              X