Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Esther King White McIntosh, when did she leave the UK for Australia??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Esther King White McIntosh, when did she leave the UK for Australia??

Hello everyone, I wonder if you can help?? My husband's Grandmother - Esther King White McIntosh, was born in Glasgow in 1892. She married Lionel Charles Cramp on 16 May 1912, but as to when she left Scotland or England, and arrived in Australia we cannot discover!! The other thing is she had a number of children: Ruby, Charles, Sydney and Leonard(my husband's father) all who returned to the UK, but we believe she had twins there too, who died very very young. In 1919 the family lived in Ipswich, Moreton, Queensland, Australia and the family returned to the UK in 1921 - any help would be so gratefully received.
    Thank you, Rachel
    ukfamilyhistory

Ancestry shows an entry in the "Queensland, Australia, Passenger Lists, 1848-1912" for an Esther Mcintosh born c1892.
    Place of origin is given as Scotland.
    She travelled from London on the vessel Oswestry Grange, arrving in Brisbane on 11 March 1912
    Elaine

Comment

Thank you so much Elaine, in the Scotland 1911 census Esther was living in Rutherglen with her parents, in March 1912 she was travelling to Australia and in May 1912 she is married at aged 20, quite a life change!!
      Rachel

Comment

There is only Charles showing in the Queensland birth indexes (up to 1914)
        B is Brisbane, C is country in the registration number

1913/B32607 Charles Lionel Courtney Cramp (father) Lionel Charles (mother) Esther King White Macintosh

and these deaths

Deaths

1919/C2059 Andrew Caldwell Cramp (father) Lionel Charles Cramp (mother) Esther King White McIntosh
        1915/B20855 Rowland Witt Cramp (father) Lionel Charles Cramp (mother) Esther King White McIntosh

if they were twins, they did not die at the same time.

The only information in TROVE is that Lionel Charles Cramp was fined for driving on the wrong side of a tram - in 1912.

Di
        Diane
        Sydney Australia
        Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Roland's buried in Toowong (Brisbane) cemetery, but it doesn't give his age.

Andrew doesn't appear on the Brisbane cemeteries site, but he was presumably buried in Ipswich.

There are some headstone details for Ipswich online, but the list isn't complete, and he isn't included.

If you want more information, his death cert would tell you where he's buried.
          Last edited by Mary from Italy; 12-04-11, 12:26.

Comment

Hello Di - What great information and I love the "Trove" link, had never heard of that before.
            Thank you so much, Rachel

Comment

Hello Mary
              Thank you so much, I even found the Toowong Cemetery and found exactly where Rowland is buried, so sad.
              Kind regards, Rachel

Comment

Rachel, the Friends of Toowong Cemetery might be able to send you a photo of the stone, if there is one...you can email them..

Comment

Working...
                X