Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I’ve found the granddaughter of Mary Brady and Arthur Joseph Grace!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’ve found the granddaughter of Mary Brady and Arthur Joseph Grace!

I'm so excited, I want to share my news!

Mary Brady was my Irish Gran’s eldest sister born in Dublin City 1873. She married Arthur Joseph Grace in Dublin 1902 and they had one surviving child Elizabeth. They moved to England in the 1920’s.

I traced the marriage of Elizabeth’s daughter and did a bit more researching and wrote to her last week….after a few phone calls that proved negative.

Friday I had a phone call from her and she confirmed that she is the granddaughter of Mary Grace nee Brady. She had done some research herself back in the 1970’s when she visited Dublin and discovered who our Brady Gt. grandparents were, so was delighted to know that I confirmed the same information too!
    She is going to see if she has any photos of Mary and Elizabeth for me. She also wants to see my Brady photos and my Brady Family history file…plus she wants to keep in touch with me.

I’m so glad I wrote that letter!
    teresa

That's wonderful Teresa It's such a lovely feeling when you connect with distant relatives isn't it?.
    I met up online with a Canadian 3rd cousin, who lives in USA, a couple of years ago and she sent me a photo of our G grandmother (who died about 1903) and great aunt who had died aged 14 in 1915. It was fantastic to see them and I was able to forward them to my Aunt (Dad's 84 year old sister) in Canada. She had never seen the photos before either.
    My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

That's great..it's what it's all about.

Linda

Comment

whoop whoop
        thats wonderful and so worth the search
        Angelina

Comment

Working...
        X