where is Mabel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where is Mabel?

I have found a birth for Mabel Opie b 1872 Redruth Cornwall but cannot find her on any census - I do not have access to 1911 or emigration so can anyone find her for me please
    ;D

Can't see her anywhere either. Do you have any other information about her?
    Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by deniseann View Post
      I have found a birth for Mabel Opie b 1872 Redruth Cornwall but cannot find her on any census - I do not have access to 1911 or emigration so can anyone find her for me please
      ;D
      I found a death in June 1936 Bodmin 5c71. Could this be her? Cannot see her on a census. What was mothers maiden name?
      Judith

To forbid us anything is to make us have a mind for it."
      -- Michel de Montaigne, Essays, 1559

Comment

Originally posted by judith allport View Post
        I found a death in June 1936 Bodmin 5c71. Could this be her? Cannot see her on a census. What was mothers maiden name?

sorry that is what I amtrying to discover
        It may not even be the right person but if she appears on a census then it may not be the one I'm after

as ny ancestor was known as Minnie but as I cant find her either on any census apart from 1901 then I thought she may have changed her name fromsomething else
        I would think she would be on a census if she in on a death so that one must be married?

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
          Can't see her anywhere either. Do you have any other information about her?
          Margaret
          No,as said below I don' t even know if this is my ancestor just trazcing any Opie girls with 'M' in their name

Comment

Have you tried putting in Mary, Margaret, Emily, Amy or Emma as Minnie was also a name for these forenames.
            Judith

To forbid us anything is to make us have a mind for it."
            -- Michel de Montaigne, Essays, 1559

Comment

Which Minnie have you identified as being "yours" in the 1901 census, then? Is it the one who is listed with Henry as her father in Falmouth?

Comment

no it is Minnie Williams with husband John living in Plymouth
                I know that is definite but cannot find a birth for her

Comment

OK, I think this is them in 1911, in Plymouth:

Minnie Williams, Head, Widow, b. 1868 in Treemar Coombe Cornwall
                  Rose Ina (was "Rosina" in the 1901 census) Williams, Daughter, b. 1899
                  RG14 Piece:12991

The address is 27a Buckwell St Plymouth

Comment

BTW, are you sure Minnie's maiden name was Opie?

Comment

yes according to her daughters birth certs which I have
                      Rosina is my g grandmoter

Comment

On Findmypast, if you put in Minnie Opie with a birth date of 1869 (as per 1911 census) instead of 1872 (as per 1901 census), a Minnie Opie shows up in Redruth in 1871 (b. 1867). Might be worth looking at her?

Comment

I haven't got a subscription to find my past only ancestry and haven't seen that one only on 1891 census
                          I thought that one died in 1875 aged 8 unless its a different one

Comment

She's on Ancestry as Minnie Opie born 1867, too. She is living with her grandparents William and Elizabeth Hodge and Esther A. Oppy who is listed as their daughter, presumably Minnie's mother. No idea if this Minnie died in 1875, though.

Comment

Deniseasnn

you now have five threads about Minnie Opie. Most of the information on the threads is duplicated.

OC

Comment

Working...
                              X