re Hull - Holy Trinity PRs - ca 1802

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: re Hull - Holy Trinity PRs - ca 1802

If anyone's going to the relevant records office... presumably, Hull History Centre...

There's an IGI entry, according to the new familysearch site, for a baptism of James WHITEHEAD at Holy Trinity, Hull in 1802 - no more specific date, even though the batch number is C391906.

I'd really like to know if there's any more than the very bare details transcribed in the IGI record: 1802, Holy Trinity, Hull, James WHITEHEAD, s/o Thomas WHITEHEAD.

I'm not at all sure that it's a record which belongs in our tree, but it's a possible.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Christine,

I see that the PRs for Holy Trinity, Kingston-upon-Hull, including baptisms til 1837, are on film at the London Family History Centre. I hope to go up there within the next few weeks, so could have a look for you if you wish.

Carol

Comment

That's very helpful, Carol. If you are able to spot anything relevant, I shall be very grateful - but don't go cross-eyed trying to decipher microfilm/fiches!

If I should find that I am able to go there myself- I hadn't thought of that option - I'll let you know.

thank you
      Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hi Christine,

At the London Family History Centre yesterday had a look at Holy Trinity Hull PRs.

Unfortunately, the entry under Baptisms 1802 simply read:

"March 27 James s of Thomas Whitehead"

Sorry it wasn't more helpful for you.

Regards,
        Carol

Comment

Thank you, Carol.

I'm not at home at the moment, so can't check what I was hoping would be found. At least, from my initial post, there is an actual date, not just a year. I recall looking at a similar entry in some Hants records, and the entry was almost as basic, though it did give a mother's name, I think.

The whole thing has been made more complicated because we're now not so sure that this really is the right line in OH's tree. James is supposed to have fathered OH's GG-grandmother, but 'ran' from his ship somewhat before her birth. He'd have had to rejoin his family, as a hunted fugitive from the RN at a time when the family was living in Portsmouth, or thereabouts - one of the principal Naval ports in the country. Christine

Comment

Working...
          X