Opening more than one window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening more than one window

I used to open more than one window and compare notes when using word no problem.

Using M S Picture Office Manager I just cannot open two folders alongside each other. I know that I have many duplicate photographs and wish to sort them. What am I doing wrong please.

Help.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Margaret, I can view two folders side by side by opening Picture Manager twice and selecting a different folder in each window. I then resize the windows and position them next to each other.
    Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

For some unknow reason I cannot open both windows side by side using Vista. What I can do is open say two word documents or picture folders but only by using the Switch Icon on the task bar. I cannot view them side by side and find this odd. Anyway many thanks for your reply.
      Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Margaret, try tip 5 here. (Scroll down to the Vista instructions.)
        Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Thank you for the link it was very useful and have put in my favorties. It did work not sure how as I did not have the options that it suggested but ended up with more of a stack at first than side by side. After a quick fiddle I was able to spread them out. Not like good old XP days when I found it so easy to open multiple windows.
          Margaret N

Comment

Margaret, "show windows stacked" is just above "show windows side by side," so it could be you selected that first by mistake. At least you've managed to do it.

Comment

Working...
            X