• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mooney Austrailia look up request

JAMES JONES MOONEY DIED DECEMBER 1970, AGED 73
    He was married to Vivien Robina Noye
    They lived in state of Victoria Austrailia

I looking for the marriage date and any possible parents for james. His occupation was a chemist
    Problem is i only have UK access on Ancestry

Any one willing to help

Thanks

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Hi

Here is James's birth
    Born 1896
    Name: James Jones Mooney
    Father Michael Mooney
    Mother Isabella Bruce Jones Forbes
    Born Malvern, Victoria

Comment

It seems that James's father Michael was a cross country steeplchaser and was killed in 1905.
      Michael Mooney
      Death Place: Melbourne, Victoria
      Father Michael Mooney
      Mother Rose Carey
      Died 1905

Comment

I can't see a marriage record for James and Vivien on Ancestry. but they were married before 1937, when her mother died as Vivien is listed in the death notice as Vivien (Mrs Mooney).

Vivien Mooney died 12 May 1949 at St Vincents Hospital Melbourne. Reported in The Argus.

Edit, by narrowing the dates, they were married in 1925, probably in Daylesford were the Noye family seems to have been from

Di
        Last edited by dicole; 06-04-11, 07:54.
        Diane
        Sydney Australia
        Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Originally posted by dicole View Post
          I can't see a marriage record for James and Vivien on Ancestry. but they were married before 1937, when her mother died as Vivien is listed in the death notice as Vivien (Mrs Mooney).

Vivien Mooney died 12 May 1949 at St Vincents Hospital Melbourne. Reported in The Argus.

Edit, by narrowing the dates, they were married in 1925, probably in Daylesford were the Noye family seems to have been from

Di
          Hi Di
          What did you mean 'by narrowing the dates' to get this date please?

Thanks
          Trev

Researching:
          FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Originally posted by niftynannie View Post
            Hi

Here is James's birth
            Born 1896
            Name: James Jones Mooney
            Father Michael Mooney
            Mother Isabella Bruce Jones Forbes
            Born Malvern, Victoria
            Thanks Sue

Researching:

Comment

Hi Sue,

How do you know about the cross country runner information?
              Any clues where Michael mooney Jnr or Snr were born?

I wonder if the Mooneys were Irish or Scottish descent?

Researching:

Comment

Hi

I narrowed the dates by looking at the Victorian BDM index online, put surnames only Mooney and Noye, then started with dates 1920 to 1937, got one match, narrowed it to 1920-1930 got one match, narrowed it to 1925-1930, got one match. 1926-1930 got no matches, so finally 1925 got one match. It only works if you can narrow the search to one match, though.

If you look at Trove, the NLA newspapers search websites, you will find some references to the Noye family of Daylesford, a town just outside Melbourne.

Di

As his fathers name and grandfathers name seem to be Michael Mooney, I would guess they were Irish rather than S cottish.
                Diane
                Sydney Australia
                Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Hi Trev

There is a site called Trove which has a lot of the old newspapers digitised.
                  Trove - The National Library of Australia, in collaboration with Australian State and Territory libraries, runs the Australian Newspaper Digitization Program with the aim of making as many publications available online as possible.

It is free to search.
                  He was a steeplechaser(horse riding)and was killed when a horse
                  rolled on him.
                  Also there is a will

If you go to this site you can download the will and read it.

Comment

Working...
                  X