John and Mary Ann Langham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John and Mary Ann Langham

I have the death certificate of Mary Ann Langham dated 1.10.1920, husband John Langham. address 46 Bartley Street, Lambeth.

I am sure he is a relative of my Grandad as all the families lived in one of three streets this being one of them.

I can't find a marriage for a John Langham and a Mary Ann and can't find them on any census.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Linda

How old was Mary when she died?
    Elaine

Comment

The 1911 Summary books on Ancestry show a Mr. Langham living at 46 Bartley Street, Lambeth with one female living in the same household.

Do you have access to Findmypast so that you can look up the actual census image?
      Elaine

Comment

In 1911 there is : - John LANGHAM Married 4 years. age 54. a labourer. born 1857 in Bermondsey, London
        Mary age 60. born 1851 in Bedford, Bedfordshire.
        Residence: 46 Bartley Street, Brixton Hill. London.

* John is shown as employed by a builder
        * Mary is shown as having had 3 children, 2 of whom are still living.

Nina

Comment

Hi Linda,

I had a look at the marriages for Bedford and London for the year 1907 - going by the 1911 census that Nina found, however, the only Langham to marry a Mary was;

William John Langham who married Mary Saunders @ Sevenoaks Kent 1907 Q3

I'm not at all sure that is any help to you at all.

I wonder would they have put 'married 4 years' on the census for 1911 if they were living together? I know they used to for earlier census, but this one they had to fill out for themselves, so therefore were completely responsible for the information entered on it..............sorry I can't be of more help

Comment

Thanks to everyone for their help.... it gives me a few more leads to have a try at

Linda

Comment

Working...
            X