Can anyone help find Rose in 1911

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help find Rose in 1911

Hi I have all my great grandmothers siblings accounted for except her younger sister Rose can anyone help?

Rose Ward age 4, place of birth West Ham Essex in 1901 and living 78 Sandel Street West Ham with

Father Charles Ward - he died in 1905
    Mother Clara Ward
    Sister Elizabeth, Isabella (my great grandmother) & brother Charley

In 1911 Elizabeth and Isabella are in Childrens Homes and accounted for and the rest of the family are at 27 Maitland? Road - James (stepfather), Clara, Charley and new siblings Grace and Hilda but no sign of Rose.

Bearing in mind the other 2 sisters are in Childrens Homes then she might be in one but no luck. Just wanted to see if she was perhaps in care as well. One last clue is on the letter from Childrens Society which says that in 1905 Rose was "in the charge of a lady in Leicestershire"

Any help would be great

Steven

Maybe if Rose was "in charge of a lady in Leicestershire", she was no longer known as Rose Ward and is listed in 1911 by her 'new' name.
    My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

You say in a previous thread that Rose was known as Rose Mary or Rose Agnes, but the only birth for a Rose Ward in 1901 that I can find is this one.

Lillian Rose Ward
      Oct Nov Dec 1901, West Ham, Essex Greater London 4a 210.

Where did you get her birth details from?

I've just re-read you previous thread and you say that Rose is 8 in 1905. Surely that would make her born in 1896/7 not 1901.
      Last edited by LangleyValeSue; 02-04-11, 23:52.

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Right, I've just found the birth of a Rose Agnes Ward in West Ham Oct Nov Dec 1897 4a 203. This seems more likely to be your Rose.

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Have found her birth, Rose Agnes Ward (explains why they called her Agnes) -October quarter 1897 in West Ham, Vol 4a Page 203.

Rose is found in 1911, she is called Rose Agnes Ward and is living with a lady called Elizabeth Challand, b Old Somerby Lincilnshire. They are living at Old Dalby in Melton Mowbray.

Hope that helps

Comment

Thanks Sue and thanks Chris thats a fantastic help much appreciated

Steven

Comment

I was just looking at where Melton Mowbray is and it's Leicestershire which seems a long way away for a 14 year old. That's three daughters all sent away to either Schools or training to become domestic servants - not a great life but I suppose Clara (the mother) couldn't look after them all when her husband died and tried to get them an education and occupation.

My dad remembers meeting a Rose and her brother Charley when he went to see his gran Isabel in the 50's so I suppose they are the natural ones to see if I can find their marriages (if they did get married) and will have a look on freebmd

Steven

Comment

Hi sorry to drag up an old post but wondered if anyone can help me find a marriage for Rose Agnes Ward. I now know she was born in West Ham in 1897 to parents Charles Ward and Clara Pettitt. I having been trying with very little success to find out what happened to the siblings of my great grandmother Isabel. I had to give up with her older sister Elizabeth Ethel and brother Charley and now I am following up on Rose. I know that she was living in the the charge of a lady in Leicestershire in 1905 called Elizabeth Challand in Melton Mowbray but thats it.

My dad can remember meeting a Rose when he visited London as a boy but cannot remember if she was married

Sorry for the lack of information and any help would be greatly appreciated

Steven

Comment

Steve,

do you know what occupation Rose's father did?
                  Julie
                  They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

there is this marriage in 1917

Julie
                    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I think that marriage is a bit unlikely, because Rose's father in 1901 was a railway engine driver, whereas the father of this Rose is a book-edge gilder.

Comment

Sorry Julie I don't have ancestry so couldn't view it. Her fathers occupation when he died was a brewery foreman and he died when he fell into a hot vat of beer.

Thanks for help Julie and thanks also to Mary

Steven

Comment

Working...
                        X