X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thoughts on this photo please

Louise

Hi Louise

I'm certainly not an expert, but I would say that looked like a family photograph at an importain occasion like a marriage, perhaps early twentieth century.

Someone will probably now when Enoch Leech was working which will give a more precise date, and also others wil lbe able to look at the clothing to date it more accurately.

Sorry I can't be more help
    Barbara

Comment

Think I would agree with Barbara Louise, most of the group appear to be wearing some kind of button-hole flowers and the young couple in the middle front row, appear to look like young newly married couple.
      Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Comment

Thanks i thought it looks like an occasion the boy sitting on the floor is edwin leech my grand dad and im told the two girls are likely to be his sisters and enoch his is father and the lady next to enoch being his mother rosannah leech (bennett),now all that info i have been told to be true
        Louise

Comment

At first glance I thought Edwardian and maybe around WW1
          1911 census has Edwin born 1905, so OK I'm sticking with my date because he looks no more than 10 (erm possibly) ;)

Love those sort of curtains with wiggly edges

Ooooo where's Edwin's brother Enoch (1901) ? away in the trenches ?I don't have Ancestry so can't look at the WW1 stuff

Goodness ~ Enoch snr (1864) and Rosehannah (1867) look a lot older than they should be .... hmmmmmm
          Last edited by Rachel Scand; 02-04-11, 05:14.
          ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Mmmm rachel you have a point there I never thought about age cause I thought maybe 1911/12 but yes they Enoch and wife look old
            Louise

Comment

Remember,in those days they did look much older than we do today at the same age.
              My first though on looking at the pic was the same,around 1911-1915!
              Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Vivienne View Post
                Remember,in those days they did look much older than we do today at the same age.
                That's very true, they certainly look 50 +
                When I look at pics of my paternal gt gran in her latter years I'd say she was around 90 but she died in the early 1930s aged 72
                ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X