Arthur and Violet Ouellette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arthur and Violet Ouellette

Arthur and Violet got married in Hastings, Sussex in 1918.

Arthur was in a Canadian soldier in the Canadian Reserves, Violet (White) was my Dad's half sister and they all went back to Canada to start a business. I have found my Dad with his family travelling from Liverpool to Quebec in 1920, but they came back after a few years but Arthur and Violet stayed.

Can anyone find them going back to Canada after they got married in 1918 or find them in Canada?

Thanks

Linda

the only record I can find for a passenger is Violet with a 4month old child Jacqueline on 24 March 1946 and the husband's initials for Violet are A J. They left from Liverpool on the Letitia bound for Canada.

Not yours I'm sure but interesting given the unusual name.
    Margaret

Comment

Hi Margaret, Yes that is an interesting one.

I have Arthur and Violet's marriage certificate and it names his father as Peter Ouellette. I looked on Genes and someone has both those names with the right dates in their tree so I have mailed them to see if they have any information.

Thanks for looking

Linda

Comment

There is a Canada to USA border crossing on 6 July 1922 for Arthur. Arthur is aged 37 and a shoe repairer. He lived in Lancaster, Ontario with his wife Violet and was heading for Massena(?) New York State. It is quite difficult to read. I think it says he was staying less than 6 weeks, or it might be months. Apparently he had never been in USA before.

There are other border crossings for the name Arthur Ouellette, but they are even harder to read!
        My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Hi Sue,

I think that looks like them, although Arthur's birth date is a bit out. The business that my Grandad and him started was a boot repairing business and when my Dad initially went to Canada when he was 4 he stayed in Lancaster.

Thanks very much.

Linda

Just googled Massena and it's a village in New York State
          Last edited by Loopy Linda in La La Land; 29-03-11, 23:19.

Comment

Working...
          X