Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Mary Livingston Drummond a sister of Annie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Mary Livingston Drummond a sister of Annie?

Mary was born 26.04.1868 in Anderston district. Allegedly her sister (my grandmother) was Annie Drummond born 02.01.1871. Their parents were Colin Drummond born c 1841 and Catherine c 1841 ?nee ?surname. Ann Drummond lived in Teviot Street Glasgow. I cannot find Mary on any census or other document. Please help.
    Judith

To forbid us anything is to make us have a mind for it."
    -- Michel de Montaigne, Essays, 1559

Have you got the parents of Annie on any census?
    Margaret

Comment

His mother I think is Ann and she is on the 1851 census. ? her maiden name I dont know about Catherines maiden name either. Colin was born in Argyleshire, Apton. Mary was born in Anderston and Ann(Annie) in Glasgow.
      Judith

Comment

Have you got Colin and Catherine together anywhere on the census?
        Margaret

Comment

Yes 1881 at 4 Teviot Street with Ann but not Mary
          Judith

Comment

In 1861 Colin is listed as a servant and there is a Livingston listed so think here is the connection with Mary's middle name.
            Judith

Comment

Could this be your couple?
              A marriage for a Colin Drummond and a Catherine Drummond (yes, same surname).Catherine's parents were David Drummond and Mary Livingston.
              The marrriage of * Colin * and Catherine Drummond took place in Anderston, Glasgow in 1865 and they were 2nd couisins.
              PM me if you would like the cert - if it is the correct family.

Edit oops put David instead of Colin - now corrected.
              Last edited by herky; 28-03-11, 18:24.
              herky
              Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

1871 = a mistranscription - Cabon (Colin) Drummond with wife Catherine, daughters Mary 3 and Ann 3 months, living at 4 Teviot St.
                Colin from Appin in Argyllshire, Catherine b Glasgow
                Last edited by herky; 28-03-11, 19:46.
                herky
                Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Sadly, there is a death of a Mary Livinston Drummond, aged 5 years, Anderston Glasgow, GROS 644/08 0989.
                  Could well be the lttle girl you are looking for.
                  herky

Comment

Thank you Herky That sounds as if you have the correct information. You are a genius. Are you able to send me the cert? Many thanks Judith
                    Judith

Comment

Herky how do you know they were second cousins? Also do you have the date of death of Mary and her parents. A big thank you for all this. Judith
                      Judith

Comment

Hi,
                        I have sent you a PM.
                        The marriage cert of Colin and Catherine says they were second cousins.
                        The cert isn't very clear so I hope you can make everything out when you get it.

Mary Livingston - I didn't get that cert but the index (cost just one credit - about 20p) just gives the year. You would have to get the cert, of course, to be sure it is the correct Mary Livingston Drummond - but I think it likely is, given all the other info.
                        It is well worth using Scotlands people for your research - if you are careful with your searches and have more unusual names then it should not be too costly and the certs give loads of info.
                        Sory if you already know this
                        herky

Comment

I don't have a death for Cath and Colin Drummond but Cath is on the 1881 and 1891 census with Colin, then in 1901 Colin is a boarder at 9 Park St., Glasgow but without his wife.
                          So it looks as if Cath died between 1891 and 1901.
                          I used this to shorten the odds on SP - and found the following -
                          Catherine Drummond - death 1899, aged 55, Andrerston, Glasgow, GROS 644/10 0597

Colin - death in 1910 aged 68, Gargadhill Glasgow 644/05 0355
                          May not be them but likely.
                          herky

Comment

Working...
                          X