looking for birth or baptism records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for birth or baptism records

I have searched for either of these records for a relative born in 1879/80 with no success please can you tell me why I am not successful?

Tell us who and we'll tell you why, lol.

OC

Comment

thank you The name is Lilian Anderson mother Susan, father Alexander, born possibly Sept 1879 in St Pancras London

Comment

How do you know that she was possibly born Sept 1879.
        Have you found the family together on the 1881 census.
        When were the parents married?
        Elaine

Comment

Have you found her in a census with her parents?
          The nearest I can find is a Lilly Ellen born 1876 Pancras, parents Alexander George & Ellen Anderson. Father french polisher.
          Moggie

Comment

thank you for this information no she isnt on the 1881 census so must have been looked after by another relative presumably

Comment

Can you tell us what you know about her, where you have found her, how you know her approximate year of birth, how you know the parents' names, when and where she married etc. .. in fact anything you have!
              At the moment I can't see her anywhere!
              Elaine

Comment

Those names certainly suggest a Scottish link somewhere in the ancestry.

I've had a look, but didn't spot anything. But I'm not on our main computer so it isn't so straightforward to search for puzzle solutions.

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
                  Those names certainly suggest a Scottish link somewhere in the ancestry.

I've had a look, but didn't spot anything. But I'm not on our main computer so it isn't so straightforward to search for puzzle solutions.

Christine
                  mother and father were Scottish thanks for looking

Comment

Working...
                  X