Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can somebody kindly do me a look up on Scotlandspeople ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can somebody kindly do me a look up on Scotlandspeople ?????

I just managed to re register but sure I am doing something wrong, I dont want the details just to know if a birth was registered for a
    Clara Pask born abt 1849 Glasgow Scotland to a James Pask and his wife Mary
    Thanks so much

I haven't got any credits Val, but doing a free search from 1847 - 1854 for a Clara Pask with father James I get nothing.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

thanks a lot Chrissie its most odd ,have answered your query above

Comment

Yes Val thanks, I've replied
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Hi Val no Pask's registered at all on the Old Parish Records is that definitely the spelling?

Steven

Comment

Hi Val also checked for a marriage for the parents and their deaths but nothing at all

Steven

Comment

thanks Steven its the only child of theirs that says born in Scotland ? so thought it odd anyway? thanks for looking

Comment

Hi,
                and I have checked the Catholic baptisms too and none.
                1851 census shows only 4 Pasks in the whole of Scotland - head of family is Francis.
                There is a Clara Pask b 1849 in London on a public tree with parents James and Mary???
                herky
                Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

is there Herky ? I have my tree on there will take a look as thats the right Parents thanks

Comment

The plot thickens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Clara Pask in 1851 in English cenus is listed as b Scotland!!!
                    Is that what you were looking at? As you say everyone else is England.
                    Could Shoreditch (from the public tree) be mis entered as Scotland??
                    Sorry, just trying a bit of lateral thinking!

He he he - now I am really confused - the 1861 census has a Clara Pask, living with grandparents in - wait for it- "Scotland, Glamorgan, Wales"

Edit to add - the image actually says Glasgow, Scotland
                    herky
                    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

I wonder if she was born in Wales then ??? thanks Herky a mystery indeed

Comment

The actual image says Glasgow, Scotland - so that is twice Scotland is listed as the birthplace - 1851 and 1861.
                        herky

Comment

Thanks Herky just found her with her husband in 1901 and it says born in Lanarkshire Glasgow Scotland?? so guess she must have been?

Comment

Have you tried the LDS IGI or their new site - also Scots Origins where you can search the IGI by county and place.

As there's no statutory records before 1855 it's possible she wasn't christened so doesn't appear on parish records.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

thanks Jbee just tried that suppose your right not been registered ? what a shame as I cannot find a marriage for her parents either ?
                              Should be in bed really as the clocks go forward dont they ? I shall be knackered tomorrow .

Comment

You have to remember that Scottish OPRs as shown on ScotlandsPeople refer only to the Church of Scotland (and a limited number of RC records). So if they were members of one of the many other church groupings (e.g. Free Church of Scotland or Episcopalian) you will only find the records (if you are lucky) in the physical records at the National Archives of Scotland.
                                Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

thanks Uncle John dont really understand that site

Comment

Val, did she die after 1855 and in Scotland? If so, you would be able to see her death cert on Scotlands People and it would cost about £1. Scottish death certs are a mine of information giving parents names, including Mother's Maiden name.

Pat

Comment

hi Pat I dont even know why she was born in Scotland ? neither of her Parents came from there and her siblings were born here ?
                                      She married in Bethnal Green its all very odd as I cannot find a Marriage for her Parents either or a Death for her Mother who was supposed to have died between 1850 and 1852.
                                      Thanks for trying to help.

Comment

Working...
                                      X