john edmund storey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• john edmund storey

im looking to trace j* e* storey b.27 jun 1918, redcar, yorks. the cert states his father was william storey a lance corporal and his mother is olive may coates, married 1916, darlington. the divorce records (1919) for william and olive state he is the son of frederick trunks, olive's later 2nd husband (married 1922, glamorgan). william was in the army stationed in santorini from early 1917 till the end of 1918. my problem is this: what name would j* e* have used? storey, trunks or coates?

since i have the divorce papers, would william's army papers reveal anymore information?

Comment

i've looked into william a little bit, he was b.1890 in coundon, bishop auckland durham, son of ralph storey a coal miner, and is at home with his parents and siblings in 1911. their residence is the one he lives at throughout the divorce proceedings.

i know frederick trunks and olive married in wales, so i assume he was welsh, would their son have gone with them? i mean it's pretty well established that he wasn't william's son, so what happened to him?

Comment

Hi
        Do you have access to Ancestry? There's a couple of trees on there with Frederick Trunks, born Somerset although his family later moved to Pontypridd. Olive & Frederick had 2 more children born Pontypridd a girl born 1922 & a boy in 1926. It seems that Frederick died in 1949 & Olive remarried to a Norman Harbron in 1952 in Durham. She died in Pontypridd in 1978. One of the Ancestry trees has 3 children for Olive & Frederick, 2 boys (the one born 1926 deceased) & a girl. Might be worth contacting the tree owner.
        Moggie

Comment

hi moggie,

i have traced olive and know what happened to her children, both are deceased. doris b.1922, and cedric b.1926. he died in 2004, and i havnt got doris date in front of me, but she is dead. one tree on ancestry belonged to a son of cedric i believe? he didnt contact me directly, but replied via a member who got in contact for me. i dont know much on them, and no little about john. would you be able to contact them on my behalf? id pm my email addy.

the reason we're looking for family, is we have found some photo's but are unsure who they are, living descendants might recognise them!

Comment

Hi Kylejustin
            Yes, I can do that for you. Send me a PM with your request message to the tree owner & hope that he replies.He doesn't seem to have been on the site for about six months so may not still be a subscriber.
            Moggie

Comment

Working...
            X