Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did James William Allport marry Catherine Selina Hipkiss in about 1905-1905?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did James William Allport marry Catherine Selina Hipkiss in about 1905-1905?

Dear All, My husband's great grandfather was James William Allport born 30.06.1850 died ? 1923. He married ? c 1878 Annie e Herring who we dont know anything about eg was she a spinster when she married James. She was about 23 at the time. We believe she died in 1904. Now, did he marry again in about 1909 as there is a Selina Allport on the 1911 census. Was this our James Allport's wife and was she previously Catherine Selina Hipkiss? She was born about 1850 and married about 1904; I have no idea of her death. Can someone fill in any of the gaps please as I have tried but cannot. Judith
    Judith

To forbid us anything is to make us have a mind for it."
    -- Michel de Montaigne, Essays, 1559

are we looking at new zealand or england?

Comment

FreeBMD certainly shows a likely marriage - Birmingham reg district - 1st qtr of 1909 (6d 172) - Catherine Selina Hipkiss and James William Allport are 2 of the 4 names listed - and there is a death of a Catherine S Allport - aged 95 - Birmingham 1st qtr of 1955 (9c 279) - this would tie up with a birth record of Catherine Selina Hipkiss - again Birmingham - 1st qtr 1860 (6d 207)

Hope this helps a bit

Cheers
      Sue

Comment

Appears her parents were Richard and Catherine - if you are looking for her in earlier census records - look for him - she appears more than once as Kate - including 1901 where she is a 40 year old single lady - living with her parents and a younger sister

Cheers
        Sue

Comment

Sorry England. J
          Judith

Comment

Thanks Sue for your two replies. Your'e a star. J
            Judith