where do you think these 2 came from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where do you think these 2 came from?

Carl J Flodman and Johanne N Rasmussen married in GRimsby Dec 1912. I tried searching for them on 1911 census but no luck. With names like that I suppose they may have immigrated just before they married so wouldnt appear on the census. Unless anybody else can find them.
    Any suggestions where the 2 names come from. Grimsby was a big fishing port.

Sounds as though they came from one of the Nordic countries (e.g. Norway, Sweden) or perhaps northern Germany. There was a lot of sea traffic across the North Sea. Do the occupations (including respective fathers) give any clues?
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Not got any other details as I was just browsing for a girl at work. She thought her surname was unusual but didnt know what her grandparents etc were called. I might be able to find the parish records as I am local to where they married so that may hold a clue. DOnt want to get addicted to this one though...lol

Comment

I am not sure if this is your man but worth a try.
        A 1921 passenger list has a Carl Flodman of Grimsby, age 39, he is an engineer and a citizen of Finland.
        Also lived in Canada and he is heading to Glasgow.
        herky
        Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

thank you for that. Sounds interesting....

Comment

Working...
          X