Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• free Ancestry access

Apologies if this has already been posted
    I have just found out that Ancestry is giving free access to all visitors on census day (27th march)

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

I know where I will be come Sunday afternoon here in Sydney.

Thanks
    Di
    Diane
    Sydney Australia
    Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Thanks for that I have told a couple of my friends

Linda

Comment

Looks a bit misleading!
        The blog says you need to sign up to the 14 day free trial before you can view the records, which means you will need to submit credit card details.
        If that is the case you will have free access for 14 days, not just 1.
        Elaine

Comment

I demand one days sub back.:D You also have to remember to cancel your free sub
          after 14 days after they have you for a years sub.
          David
          Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
            Looks a bit misleading!
            The blog says you need to sign up to the 14 day free trial before you can view the records, which means you will need to submit credit card details.
            If that is the case you will have free access for 14 days, not just 1.
            Just read Dick Eastman's blog and apparently there will be no need to sign up for the free trial on the 27th March.
            All you need to do is register a free account (enter name & email address).
            Elaine

Comment

If i read it right, its only the census records that are free
              Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham
              Leicestershire:- Gough, Cooper, Underwood, Hearn, Inglehearn
              Staffordshire:- Robotham, Hickinbotham, Hill, Holmes

Comment

from what i understand, it is free to view transcripts, the actual images you need a sub. i wonder if that will apply with the scottish records? since they are just transcripts, and costs one crdeit to view one person's transcript?

Comment

I bet they don't give too much away.

David
                  Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

For anyone who is interested, access has been extended to Monday - midnight UK time.
                    Elaine

Comment

I've had a year on Find My Past because of the 1911 census, this has now expired. Can somebody tell me what the 1911 situation is with Ancestry now, please? I do prefer Ancestry and they are both around the same price .... Which One!!!!

Thanks
                      Jean
                      Jean....the mist is starting to clear

Comment

i believe ancestry will be getting the census later this year. i prefer fmp though, they offer a discount every year, and they're transcripts are much easier to work with than ancestry. plus, they dont keep changing your search from 'old' to 'new'!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jean and Tonic View Post
                          I've had a year on Find My Past because of the 1911 census, this has now expired. Can somebody tell me what the 1911 situation is with Ancestry now, please? I do prefer Ancestry and they are both around the same price .... Which One!!!!

Thanks
                          Jean
                          No definite news yet, though it had been stated by the end of this year, I think - http://blogs.ancestry.com/uk/2011/03...onthly-update/
                          Joy

Comment

thanks Kyle and Joy ... yes I went on the site and saw they still only had the summary books ... just thought things might have changed without them updating. I know Ancestry is sometimes a pain but they have a lot more parish records which, apart from 1911 is what I'm looking for, I wont get my discount from FMP now as it finished a couple of months ago. Maybe I should wait a while or at least until after the summer months as I wont be inside much anyway.
                            Thankyou again
                            Jean
                            Jean....the mist is starting to clear

Comment

Working...
                            X