Found this website today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found this website today

It is a great little site,found some really good stuff on my lot..........

Historic Australian Newspapers, 1803 to 1954
    Trove - The National Library of Australia, in collaboration with Australian State and Territory libraries, runs the Australian Newspaper Digitization Program with the aim of making as many publications available online as possible.

Kaz.
    "Genealogy -disturbing the dead,and irritating the living"

I have found so much about my more recent family on this website. Its almost the first place I look for 20th century information - births, deaths, marriages, golden wedding anniversarys, divorces, court trials, major accidents, probates, pub licences, obituaries which give a full outline of a persons life, even school and university results.

Its great because you can narrow the search by decade, newspaper and even type of article - which helps if you are searching for relatively common names. The only paper they don't have that I would like is the Newcastle Herald.

New Zealand has the "paperspast" website which is almost as good

Di
    Diane
    Sydney Australia
    Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

It's brilliant - even got all sorts of UK news there as Australian papers often picked up British news - there was a piece about a woman in my town in Sussex being sacked for wearing trousers in the 1930s!

Comment

Working...
      X