J Connolly, Photographer, Ballymoney, Antrim, Ireland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J Connolly, Photographer, Ballymoney, Antrim, Ireland

Anyone have information about J Connolly, a photographer in Ballymoney, Antrim, Ireland in the late 1800s and into the early 1900s? The address on the CDV is 29 Townhead Street, altho I understand he later worked in another location.

I've read that photographers kept a record of the photos they took, which had the numbers corresponding to the back of the photo, and the names of the subjects that sat for the photo. In my dreams, I would find that book for several of the photos that I have. . .

Sarah

He's mentioned on this page a few times. Unless you know of it already.
    Phil
    historyhouse.co.uk
    Essex - family and local history.

Comment

Cool. I had not found that. I do have a reference to him in a later directory, not at the Townhead address. I'd love to be able to pinpoint his work addresses to the years he was working.

Sarah

Comment

In 1905 he was located on Main Street from http://www.billmacafee.com/localitie...ballymoney.htm Excel database of ...... 1824 to 1952

Robert

Comment

Thank you. I corresponded once with Bill Macafee about the photographer, and haven't followed up - I don't have a lot of hope that the info I want exists. I had a photography archivist look at the photo, and he feels that the photo is from the 1880s, but says that a tape with the photo's number is from a later time period. Although I suspect this is a photo of my ancestor, I could also be quite wrong.

Comment

Out of curiosity, Calhame, what caught your eye with this thread? Do you Connolly photos, too?

Comment

Born in Ballymoney then came to Canada

Comment

Working...
              X