Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fascinating burial records ,tells you where ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fascinating burial records ,tells you where ?

Found this looking for a rellies burial, never seen before where they tell you exactly where they were buried ?
    Wish it was clearer would love to be able to read them all

There is a touching bit on the right hand page about a Reverends death
    And a few suicides including one by a Admirial Valentine Collard looks like he hung himself on the Bed Posts ???

Last edited by Guest; 20-03-11, 14:05.

Can't thank you enough Val.

Have found the burial of Emily Mercy Dunn my husbands Great Grandmother in 1942. I have her death certificate so can confirm it's the right one.

Am going to phone the church tomorrow. Very exciting.

Thanks again

Linda

Comment

thats great Lindy did you not know the Burial records were online ????

Comment

I had never looked for that name, she was born Jane Mercy Dunn and had an illegimate daughter, my husbands Grandmother.

We recently made contact with my husbands Auntie, aged 83, and she said she remembered going to see a 'family friend' every week named Emily Dunn but we now realize that it was her Grandmother.

We now have a photo of her illegimate daughter Annie and you can definitely tell she has foreign blood in her, every one I've showed it to says 'Indian'.

Emily/Jane was 'given' to a lady called Joanna Ferguson who Pauls' Aunt thought was her Grandma, very complicated, while all the time her real Grandma was called a 'family friend'

On Annie's birth certificate her name is given as Annie Lilian Ferguson Dunn, so maybe Joanna's husband was the father!!

All her children have the name Ferguson-Dunn given as their mothers' maiden name on their birth certs.

Have phoned OH's Aunt and she's very excited.

Hope this all maked sense!!!!!

Linda

Comment

Hi Val

Tried the link and this is the message i received
          We're sorry. The page you tried to access is no longer available.

Comment

Sue do you have membership to Ancestry ?? if not thats maybe why you cant see the images ? sorry about that

How exciting Linda

Comment

Working...
            X