Artiss in Winnipeg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artiss in Winnipeg

Can anyone help with three entries in Brookside Cemetery,Winnipeg,Manitoba,Canada

Edith Maude Artiss
    Howard Artiss
    Ronald Artiss

The only relevant information I have is Howard Artiss arriving in Canada 17 Feb 1912 and his wife Jessie M following him 23 Dec 1912 (they have two children ,Frank Dunlop Artiss and Norman Artiss
    Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
    http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

Do you have this Mike, 'spect you do!
    Olga

Comment

That link is to the British Columbia archives so won't have any Manitoba information on it I don't think.
      Mike, you could try contacting the Manitoba Genealogical Society - they may be able to help. It looks as if some Winnipeg cemeteries have been transcribed, but Brookside's not on the list:

The local newspaper, the Winnipeg Free Press, has been going since 1872 so if you have dates, you might find something there. Unfortunately, they don't seem to have any archives on line so you'd have to find someone to do a look up, probably at the local library.
      Last edited by jenoco; 19-03-11, 23:43. Reason: update
      Jenny

Comment

Whoops, just checked Olga's link again and it's Frank Dunlop Artiss' death (sorry Olga). I can look up the details for this if you want.
        Jenny

Comment

Frank Dunlop is Howard's son and (Al)Bert is Howard's brother , details of Frank would be most helpful , I don't know how Ronald and Edith Maude fit into the family. I have no experience of Canadian BMDs
          Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
          http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

Comment

I'll check their death certs next time I go to the library, likely next weekend. The certs. often give details of the parents (if known) and place of birth.
            Jenny

Comment

August 13, 2011
              Hello Mike:
              I am related to (Edith ) Maude Artiss, Howard Artiss is my Great Grandfather..Maude Artiss has been mentioned many times by my Mother...I will check with my Mother on this.
              The parents of Howard Artiss were Joseph Artiss 1841-1907 and Sophia Evans 1842 - 1916 born Liverpool England. Howard had a brother (Al)Bert. I presently live in Vancouver, Canada and will contact you shortly with as much information on Maude Artiss as possible....Cheers Warren Pritchard

Comment

Working...
              X