Can anyone find Matilda Florence Hauff after 1891 please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone find Matilda Florence Hauff after 1891 please

Exasperated...... I cant find my gx2 older sibling... I have managed to find all other siblings & familes..Some emigrated to Australia, one to Canada but she doesn't appear to be on death mar census or other records, either departing from/returning to the UK or in the UK after 1891...She's not with any other family members..I've also checked out Australian & Canadian records to no avail...Including an alternative spelling of Haugh which the family changed their name to in Aus ..

Name: Matilda Hauff
    Year of Registration: 1873
    Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar
    District: Sunderland
    County: Durham, Tyne and Wear
    Volume: 10a
    Page: 680

parents
    Father;- Reinhold Carl Heinrich Hauff 1844-1914 British subject/b.Stettin Prussia
    Mother ;-Mary Hannah Hutchinson 1853-1937 South Sheilds Durham

1881 Mis-trans as Hanf

On the 1911 it states Mary Hannah Hauff had 11 children & 1 died ... This is I am assuming her son who died age 7 months in 1877

Thank you in anticipation
    Last edited by olga_b; 18-03-11, 13:33.
    Olga

Well, I've just replied a bit ago and it hasn't appeared! I'll tell you again what I said!

Sorry I couldn't find her either. Did find a marriage of an Olga Hauff (relative?) in Hendon, Durham in 1903. Afraid that is the nearest I've got. She is very elusive. It's amazing how many variations on Hauff there are. Sorry I can't be of more help. Good luck in your searches.
    Best wishes, Polly

Begley - St Helens & Liverpool & somewhere in Ireland; Foster - Liverpool & Yorkshire (Ripon & Leeds); Pendleton - Huyton & Liverpool; Milnes - Leeds & Ripon; Banister - Preston; Wales - Liverpool & Cumberland; Ireland - Prescot; McDonough - Liverpool; Quirk - Liverpool; Hunt - St Helens; Tickle - St Helens

Comment

Originally posted by polly88 View Post
      Well, I've just replied a bit ago and it hasn't appeared! I'll tell you again what I said!

Sorry I couldn't find her either. Did find a marriage of an Olga Hauff (relative?) in Hendon, Durham in 1903. Afraid that is the nearest I've got. She is very elusive. It's amazing how many variations on Hauff there are. Sorry I can't be of more help. Good luck in your searches.
      Thank you for trying polly....Oh yes, same family, Matilda's sister.....There's always someone who doesn't want to be found ;-)
      Olga

Comment

Have you managed to find anything with the images for Durham Diocese, on FamilySearch.org?

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

It's not as much of a "mist-trans" as you might think. The handwriting on the image looks like HANFF - not as if that middle letter were a U!

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
            It's not as much of a "mist-trans" as you might think. The handwriting on the image looks like HANFF - not as if that middle letter were a U!

Christine
            Thanks for taking a look Christine...I know, but anyone who cant use the link & wanted to see it- wouldn't know what to type in .... because its the 1881, its Hanff on FMP & Family Search ....just thought I'd make it a bit easier... I didn't spell the mis-trans correctly either... HANFF ....LOL

Still trawling Durham records ...thanks Christine
            Last edited by olga_b; 18-03-11, 17:09.
            Olga

Comment

Originally posted by olga_b View Post
              Thanks for taking a look Christine...I know, but anyone who cant use the link & wanted to see it- wouldn't know what to type in .... because its the 1881, its Hanff on FMP & Family Search ....just thought I'd make it a bit easier... I didn't spell the mis-trans correctly either... HANFF ....LOL

<snip>
              It's always the dilemma - the transcription sites have to transcribe what's actually in the document, even if they know, not only that it's inaccurate, but what it really should be. I do wish more of them would make provision for adding info to suggest what the real info ought to be - like the postems on FreeBMD.

Christine

Comment

Working...
              X