A new Genealogy Search Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new Genealogy Search Engine

I have just tried this new search engine for all sorts of genealogy and many items of interest have come up.

Discovering Billions of Ancestors & Automating Family Research. WHY? Researching one’s own genealogy and ancestry can provide numerous benefits and fulfill various personal, emotional, and practical purposes. Here are some reasons why individuals conduct research about their own genealogy and ancestry: Ultimately, researching one’s genealogy and ancestry can deepen personal connections, foster a sense of ... Read more

Janet

Janet,
    An initial look and it appears to be quite useful. Thanks for putting up.
    David
    Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

Thanks for this - I have just managed to find some photos of gravestones of relatives in the USA.
      herky
      Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

I have tried it out with just one name POB and DOB and it found my cousins website so happy to spend more time looking.
        I have added to the BBC Family Trees Board too for my friends to look at it.

Thank you

Edna

Comment

Found a few folks looking for branches of my Goulson family, largely old Genforum posts but a few are Lincolnshire area and deffo my lot. Just a shame they are enquiries from the late 1990's and will probably not be current users.
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
          My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
          My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Many thanks Janet, found some of my folks... And some of my posts ....
            Olga

Comment

Got quite excited when I found information about my ancestors, and then found it was my post! Oh well...
              Best wishes, Polly

Begley - St Helens & Liverpool & somewhere in Ireland; Foster - Liverpool & Yorkshire (Ripon & Leeds); Pendleton - Huyton & Liverpool; Milnes - Leeds & Ripon; Banister - Preston; Wales - Liverpool & Cumberland; Ireland - Prescot; McDonough - Liverpool; Quirk - Liverpool; Hunt - St Helens; Tickle - St Helens

Comment

Got quite excited when I found information about my ancestors, and then found it was my post! Oh well.

SNAP!!!!
                Cath.

Comment

Ha ha!!!!
                  Best wishes, Polly

Begley - St Helens & Liverpool & somewhere in Ireland; Foster - Liverpool & Yorkshire (Ripon & Leeds); Pendleton - Huyton & Liverpool; Milnes - Leeds & Ripon; Banister - Preston; Wales - Liverpool & Cumberland; Ireland - Prescot; McDonough - Liverpool; Quirk - Liverpool; Hunt - St Helens; Tickle - St Helens

Comment

Found a few of mine as well! However if you get into a book I have discovered that when you type the name of interest in the box at the top of the boook all the relevant pages come up. I had been wasting much time by browsing through the book looking for the names!! Oh well, at least I won't be wasting any more time! Found a few of Irish interest by inputting name of person and county in Ireland and even the actual town or townland so might be worth a try for those elusive Irish.

Glen,

You never know your luck. I wrote to one from 2000 and he still had the same e mail! Mind you I gave him info and all he has said was he had been on hoilday and would reply shortly, that was about seven weeks ago! I'm still waiting for a reply!

Janet
                    Last edited by Janet; 18-03-11, 17:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Janet View Post

Glen,

You never know your luck. I wrote to one from 2000 and he still had the same e mail! Mind you I gave him info and all he has said was he had been on hoilday and would reply shortly, that was about seven weeks ago! I'm still waiting for a reply!

Janet

I had one a while ago who said they were going on holiday but would scan a load of images onto a memory stick for me. I duly paid out for the stick and posted it on, still waiting a year later. I'm down £6 and a memory stick plus dozens and dozens of images.......Off topic rant over.
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
                      My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
                      My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Hi Janet, Just tried the Mocavo.com search engine. Found links to lots of my family. Thanks for the post.

Originally posted by Janet View Post
                        I have just tried this new search engine for all sorts of genealogy and many items of interest have come up.

Discovering Billions of Ancestors & Automating Family Research. WHY? Researching one’s own genealogy and ancestry can provide numerous benefits and fulfill various personal, emotional, and practical purposes. Here are some reasons why individuals conduct research about their own genealogy and ancestry: Ultimately, researching one’s genealogy and ancestry can deepen personal connections, foster a sense of ... Read more

Janet
                        Don

Researching: ANNAL (Orkney/Ontario) BILSTON (Worcestershire) CLARK (Shetland) HOLLOWAY (Worcestershire) RHODES (Worcestershire) WILSON (Orkney)

Comment

Working...
                        X