2011 census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 census

Hi - is it really the case that this census will only record one first name for an individual?
    (Sorry if this has already been debated but it seems to show a total lack of consideration for future researchers)
    CB

As far as I can see on our census there is no space for a middle name.

I guess you could just put it with the first name if you wanted to.

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Where are you looking FMP? or Ancestry records?
      FMP does have some middle names, sometimes a middle initial..sometimes just initials etc. I have some with nicknames /2 middle names.... it seems to vary like all census. Depends on several factors I suppose.

Did I misread.... Are you talking about typing in 2 first names on the search??
      Last edited by olga_b; 16-03-11, 16:08.
      Olga

Comment

I think Chris is talking about the 2011 census Olga
        I don't think it's on FMP or Ancestry yet lol :D
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

LOL............ duh!
          Olga

Comment

I dont live in the UK so I wont be on it :-( .....not much help to anyone looking for me..... perhaps if they ever find & read my reply on here they'll not bother.... or look in Asylum's..... LOL
            Olga

Comment

Perhaps if you post something on the world wide web that's very startling with your name as the header they will pick you up when they google.
              Then you can leave all the information you want them to have - even the bit about your spell in the Asylum lol :D
              Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

You have to remember that the primary objective of a census is to help with planning services and collecting statistics. It isn't meant to help family historians!
                ~ with love from Little Nell~
                Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Look on the bright side, look at the wealth of extra information they are getting in a 100 years' time: dob (that helps to tie down who they are even without middle names), type of address, workplace, health, ethnicity, former address, qualifications, etc, etc.
                  Phil
                  historyhouse.co.uk
                  Essex - family and local history.

Comment

Working...
                  X