Possible Workhouse 1881 search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Workhouse 1881 search

Hi I thought it best to start a new thread on this one but feel free to add onto my existing post.

Basically I cannot find Peter Pettit on te 1881 census. His father is in Mile End Workhouse in 1881 - Jonathan Pettit age 41 occupation labourer.

His mother Sarah Pettit is in Tower Hamlets Mile End Old Town in 1881 age 41 with the siblings Clara age 12, Edward age 9 & Harriet age 1 but no sign of Peter. He was born on 19th March 1868 so he would be around 13 in 1881.

The only other clue I have was from Redhill School records which said he was a bit of a trouble maker and that he had previously ran away from a workhouse.

Unfortunately I don't have access to Ancestry but have checked freecen and Family history websites but to no avail

Can anyone help me close this one? It may be he was hiding from the law and therefore might not be on it but wanted a final check

Thanks

Steven

Searched Ancestry and Findmypast and can't find him. Sorry.
    Best wishes, Polly

Begley - St Helens & Liverpool & somewhere in Ireland; Foster - Liverpool & Yorkshire (Ripon & Leeds); Pendleton - Huyton & Liverpool; Milnes - Leeds & Ripon; Banister - Preston; Wales - Liverpool & Cumberland; Ireland - Prescot; McDonough - Liverpool; Quirk - Liverpool; Hunt - St Helens; Tickle - St Helens

Comment

Thanks Polly looks like he may have been hiding!!!!

Steven

Comment

Me too Steven, sorry :-(
        Olga

Comment

Thanks Olga it's a mystery that's for sure

Steven

Comment

I just checked his birth certificate again and his full name is Peter John Pettit so he might have used John to hide himself and place of birth is Mile End Old Town Middlesex

Steven

Comment

Working...
            X