Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardiganshire mystery

Hi,
    I am stuck and would appreciate some help!

Looking for Elizabeth Lloyd bc 1826/1827 Aberystwyth. Brother Thomas bc 1829. All I know is that the father is David Lloyd, labourer. I think maybe the mother is either Catherine or Elizabeth, but would appreciate it if a look up of census would help me. 1841 census and 1851.

I know it is a long shot, because of the name Lloyd. Any help would be great.

Thanks very much.

Not easy to find anything in 1841 or 51, of course she could well have been married by then or living in another household as a servant? Have you seen the entry for her Baptism on the IGI? It is a member submitted entry but that member has it as part of a personal batch number F838594. Search using the old Familysearch.org site and batch numbers still work. You might find something within the other entries for that batch which might ring a bell and prove useful.

Comment

On familysearch, there's an Elizabeth Lloyd listed who was born c1825 Aberystwyth : Parents David Lloyd and Elizabeth ?
      Also listed for this couple is a son David born c1827 and daughter Mary c1829.

On familysearch, there's a Thomas Lloyd listed who was born c1831 but his father is Evan Lloyd.

What other information do you have about Elizabeth and Thomas that may help 'find' them?
      e.g. Do youhave Elizabeth's (and/or Thomas's) marriage certificate? As this would identify who her father was etc
      Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Comment

Thanks for your help.
        I have Elizabeth's marriage cert which states father David, Labourer. She married in 1856 in Liverpool.

Comment

Working...
        X