Happy News!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy News!

I had posted on here. I think yesterday or the day before saying I was looking for my brothers. I did not have a lot of information, nor did I really have an idea on where or even how to start.

I do have some great news. As of 12:55pm my time here in Texas, I have located my brothers. I was able to do this threw a link that was given to me by forum member Photo Family. With that link I was able to track down my biological fathers marriages before the one he had with my mother to only find the maiden name of my brothers mother.
    Once I found her name I slept on it. Wondering what my next move would be. Not able to sleep I woke up. With that I got the bright idea of looking up her name on Face book. After all, everyone is on face book, right? So knowing what I was going to do I went back to sleep.

This morning I could not wait to get on Face book to see what I could find. And just like that I found her. Not only did I find her, but my brothers names where on her friends list. So I was almost certain that was her.

With a little hesitation I sent her a message asking her some questions. To my pleasure she wrote back saying yes that was her, and she was so glad to her from me, because my brothers had been looking for me as well. So instead of writing them outright, I asked her if she would talk to them just to make sure they wanted to contact me. So now I sit here with fingers crossed in hope they do. But just knowing they are still around and now I have faces to their names mean the world.

I can't thank this forum and the kind members here enough. I will keep you all posted.

Wow what a result. I certainly felt a bit helpless, knowing nothing about Texas public records.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Hey UJ no worries. I live in Texas and I knew nothing about them. In fact every time I went to get some form of record I had to have this or that. Or had to know more info that I did. So, just being on here and reading other post and just getting support from the members was awesome enough.

To be honest I was not expecting this, not so fast anyway. It's very emotional. But something I'm willing to go threw, that is for sure.

Comment

Well done, I really hope you hear from them soon - the waiting must be killing you.

I guess facebook does have its uses xx
        Vikki -
        Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

Hey Vikki thanks. And yes the waiting is killing me. LOL. So many questions that I have about our father. And them and wanting to have a relationship but not wanting to push anything. Very overwhelming.

Comment

Oh well done you!!!

I have never thought of that before to see if the living ones i have traced are on Facebook....,but we live & learn. I did try Skype & got a connection to a cousin so was thrilled at that & he also lives in Poland.............

Kaz.
            "Genealogy -disturbing the dead,and irritating the living"

Comment

Oh thats wonderful news!!! i'm so pleased for you. :smilee:
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

@Kazig: So you know how I'm feeling then ;). I got some cousins I'm looking for too. This only gives me hope ;) At least I know a little bit more about them. LOL

@Dark: Thank you so much. Very kind of you.

Comment

No need for thanks.. we are all one big family here.. just happy that we have bought some light into your world. I guess its afternoon there in texas then?
                  Julie

Comment

That's great news, good luck with your new family

Comment

yup it's 3:02 here in Texas. Are y'all mostly from the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by Cboat1975 View Post
                        yup it's 3:02 here in Texas. Are y'all mostly from the UK?
                        aye.. thats right, we are a UK family History site, though we do have members in Canada/US/Australia and New Zealand :smilee: for the record, its 9pm here...
                        Julie

Comment

Great result....Good luck with your new found family....i'm chuffed for you!!
                          Jacky

Comment

@Jill: thank you so much. Means a lot.

@Dark: Very cool. I have a fascination with the UK. England in most part. I love European football. Follow Chelsea FC every chance I get. LOL

Comment

@Tilly: Thank you so much, very kind.

Comment

No worries, I dont follow footie, but there are plenty of folks on our General Board that probably would follow the game. Funnily enough I have a fascination with the US.. I'd love to goto Dallas and Connecticut/NY, I can dream!! :smilee:
                                Julie

Comment

Will if you come to Dallas or Texas for that matter make sure you have a lot of time to visit. There are a ton of things to see in Texas.

Comment

oh I will.. :smilee:
                                    Julie

Comment

Thank you for not saying everything must be bigger in Texas. LOL

Comment

lol!! would I??? :smilee:
                                        Julie

Comment

Working...
                                        X