Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for parents names

Hi,
    I'm hoping that someone would be kind enough to help on a 'brickwall' I've hit.
    I'm researching someone called Francis Ray (Looking for his parents), father of P R (Living). I have no DOB or DOD, location, anything. He allegedly was married to Isabelle Skinner, but I cant find a marriage certificate. If anyone has any ideas as to what I could do next or possible help with the search!.
    Thankyou so much
    Matt
    Last edited by Darksecretz; 07-03-11, 12:57. Reason: Removed name of living person

Matt,
    I have had to remove the name of the living person you posted as we do not permit these details to be posted.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Sorry!!, I've read the rules and I should've known. My mistake. Frustration of this tree I think.

Comment

is ok Matt, I know it can be frustrating at times :smilee: do you have the birth cert of/or ref for the PR who is living?
        Julie

Comment

There is a ref for PR with MMN of Skinner, The only way to be certain would be to get the cert, (hopefully then it'll have the fathers name on it)
          Julie

Comment

Hi Julie, thankyou and apologies for the mistake again!. The MMN of skinner is correct. I can't find any parents for her (Isabella) and nothing on (Living) PR's father (Except name). I've got a feeling that isabella skinner who died 1949 was born in 1922 - possibly (and this is only a guess in Ireland). The reason being we have a voice recording of the (Living) PR as a child with an Irish accent.

Comment

do you know that Isabelle/a had definately died by 1949?
              Julie

Comment

Yes Julie, thats how I found her grave. It's a tricky one!

Comment

Originally posted by crashmatt View Post
                  Yes Julie, thats how I found her grave. It's a tricky one!
                  oh I see, I guess that the death cert would be good, if the child was only just born then some other adult would have to inform of the death?

Name: Isabella Ray
                  Death: 1949
                  age at death: 26
                  Registration district: Bromsgrove
                  Inferred County: Worcestershire
                  Volume: 9d
                  Page: 14
                  Julie

Comment

there is this one:

birth

Name: Isabella Skinner
                    Mother's Maiden Surname: O'hara
                    Date of Registration: Oct Nov Dec 1924
                    Registration district: Rochdale
                    Registration county: Lancashire
                    Volume Number: 8e
                    Page Number: 70

I do realise the age is a little out compared to the death, but the information on the death cert is only as reliable as the person giving the info.
                    Julie

Comment

Thankyou, with the name O'hara that sounds very plausible as there is Irish connections in her family. How confident would you be that is a missing link?. What would be the best way forward. You guys on here really amaze me with your effort and kindness. Thankyou

Comment

I've just spoke to my wife who is sure that her mothers maiden name was Hamilton. She's ringing her mum now ;)

Comment

Righty!, Her name was Issobelle born Dublin Aug 1922, Died May 1949. She was married to Francis Ray in 1941 in Dublin (And we know nothing about him). Her mother maiden was Hamilton, Her Father was a Skinner. Thankyou in advance

Comment

Thankyou, with the name O'hara that sounds very plausible as there is Irish connections in her family. How confident would you be that is a missing link?. What would be the best way forward. You guys on here really amaze me with your effort and kindness. Thankyou
                            mm it sounds plausible but now you have given other info, I would be tempted to ignore it! the O 'hara that is.

I've just spoke to my wife who is sure that her mothers maiden name was Hamilton. She's ringing her mum now ;)
                            Righty!, Her name was Issobelle born Dublin Aug 1922, Died May 1949. She was married to Francis Ray in 1941 in Dublin (And we know nothing about him). Her mother maiden was Hamilton, Her Father was a Skinner. Thankyou in advance
                            your best bet would be to order the marriage certificate, you can do this online from the Irish register office I believe. The only other thing I can think of would be to try and locate the family in the 1911 census, Sorry i'm not much help, but I havent done any irish research this far forward so dont really know what to suggest.

this should be the site to order a marriage cert:

Julie

Comment

Given the marriage date is said to be 7 years before PR was born I wonder if there are any siblings possibly born in Dublin?
                              You can look at the 1901 and 1911 censuses for Ireland here http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/search/
                              If the family are from there I'm afraid it's going to be difficult to get back further as there are few online resources and no other censuses.
                              Margaret

Comment

Hi
                                If this link works it should show a page with several people with the surname Ray including a Francis living at St Kevins cottages. This is the 1939 electoral roll for Dublin. If you do another search you will find another Francis Ray & a Margaret at Earl Street South.
                                Moggie

Comment

Hi
                                  As Darksecretz suggested your best bet is to get the marriage cert. This would give you both father's names & you may be able to pick them out in the 1911 census. Details from LDS pilot site (familysearch).
                                  Francis Ray marriage Oct/Nov/Dec qtr 1941 Dublin South Vol 2 Page 217. Alternately if there is a LDS library anywhere near to where you live I think you can look at the record on film. Film no 101578, digital folder no 4199370, image no 00489. I can't find a matching entry for Issobell but these Irish records on LDS site are definitely not complete.
                                  Moggie
                                  Forget what I just said about not finding a matching entry for Isoobell. I think it was the spelling that didn't pick up the entry.
                                  Isabel Skinner same details as for Francis except the image no is 00491.
                                  Last edited by maudarby; 08-03-11, 08:21.

Comment

Working...
                                  X