Help with Death Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Death Please

I'm trying to find when a great uncle died.

Albert (no second name as far as we know) Lacey was born in 1903 in Buckinghamshire and the only info I have, which was given to me by my Mum, is that he married a foreign lady and died young.

I have found a possible marriage to Grietji G F C Op't Holt in 1947 and her death in 1984 on findmypast but haven't got the marriage certificate yet. I haven't got an Ancestry sub at the moment and wonder if anyone could help find a possible death for Albert, some time between 1947 and 1960 I would guess as I have no memory of him. I was born in 1952 and think I would remember him if he was about in the 60's. Of course, it is possible that he died later on but wasn't in contact with the rest of the family.

Jane

I looked for a death for Albert Lacey born within a year of 1903. There are quite a few with a second name, but only one without and that gives his birth year as 1904:

Albert Lacey age 81 death registered May 1986 Scarborough Yorkshire
    date of birth: 12 Aug 1904

Of course Albert's death would be registered by someone who might not know his date of birth (my own uncle got his father's birth wrong by a year) or he might have had a middle name or acquired one later on.
    Last edited by Little Nell; 05-03-11, 19:47.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Thank you for looking Nell. I think it's unlikely he died in Scarborough but you never know! I suppose I really ought to get the suspected marriage and if that's right, then I could get Grietji's death to see if she was a widow at that date.

Jane

Comment

I can't see any that fit in Bucks Jane, there are some in Wycombe district Bucks: in 1957 aged 56, 1944 aged 72, and some others but again the ages are all way out though.

Comment

Hi Jane
          Have a possibility
          Albert Lacey
          Wycombe
          March 1/4 1957 6a 473
          BUT he was 56 on death in 1957!
          There are a number of Alberts born in 1903 but from all over the country, where were they married?

Having said all that an Albert Lacey was born to Soloman and Martha Lacey, who was 10 in 1911, sisters Kate 13 in 1911 and Winifred 7. His father was a waggoner on a farm and they lived in N High Wycombe, does any of that fit, if so the death works!

Yes I have found Grietji Gwendoline F C Lacey, this must be her??

Any help?
          Rachel
          http://ukfamilyhistoryblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thank you Jill & Rachel.

My Albert was the son of Alfred and Ellen, so unfortunately not the one born in 1901 to Solomon & Martha.

The marriage of Albert to Grietji was in Buckinghamshire.

Although Grietji had a Dutch name I have found that she was born in Hampshire.

Jane

Comment

LACEY, AlfredHeadMarriedM491862Farm Labourer GeneralGreat Missenden LACEY, EllenWifeMarried
              22 yearsF451866Little KingshillLACEY, RalphSonSingleM201891Gardener DomesticLittle KingshillLACEY, FredSonSingleM181893Gardener DomesticLittle KingshillLACEY, GertrudeDaughterSingleF151896Domestic ServantLittle KingshillLACEY, ArchibaldSonM141897Gardener DomesticLittle KingshillLACEY, LizziebethDaughterF101901SchoolGreat Missenden LACEY, AlbertSonM81903SchoolGreat Missenden

Nags Head Lane Great Missendn
              Is this them in 1911?

Comment

Yes, that them.

Isn't is lovely that my grandmother Elizabeth has been listed by her father in her pet name of Lizziebeth!

Jane

Comment

Remember if ordering the marriage certificate from the GRO if you put in that you want the marriage with the correct fathers detail and you DO NOT put the reference then the GRO will refund the fee if the certificate is not the one you want. This advice was give by them at Who Do You Think You Are live last month.

If you put in a reference they are obliged to provide the certificate
                  Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
                  http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

Comment

THis looks like his birth - Jan-March 1903 - Albert Lacey - Amersham ref 3a 835
                    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Thanks for that interesting bit of info Mike.

Yes, that is his birth Chrissie.

Jane

Comment

Working...
                      X