Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Library: University of Southampton Library

Hi -
    I'm interested in EAST LONDON PENSION SOCIETY records, in the Duke of Wellington Collection.

I have a newspaper clipping that CHARLOTTE JOYCE COVERLY may have been a pensioner, beginning some time around 1827. I would be interested in any Coverly or Mason that might appear in the records. She died Feb 1844.

It's not clear to me how the records are organized, or even what they may contain. If they do not have records of individual pensioners, I would still be interested in correspondence or minutes that include those two surnames.

I would order them from the University, but it's not clear to me what to order! If you are able to find anything, please let me know how to reference the material.

Thank you.
    Sarah

Hi I read this post as I live near Southampton but have no knowledge of uni library.
    so i had little hunt around the web site
    and I found I could not go to library even if i wanted to as I don't qualify as a member if i did I would have to pay !

i did find this link for email
    Archives and Manuscripts, Special Collections, Rare Books, Hartley Library, University of Southampton, Wellington Papers, Mountbatten Papers, Palmerston Papers, Anglo–Jewish Archives, Parkes Library, Cope Collection

but I think you would be best either contacting them your self or finding some who is a student at the uni or in one of these groups
    link to people that can join
    A member of the University is a member of the Library and can use Library resources. Your ID card is your Library card. Academic departments have dedicated librarians to look after the needs of staff and students.

sorry i could not be of any more help
    wye surrey/london/birmingham
    lawrence/laurence berkshire/london/norfolk
    hall harrison cook/e pratt surrey
    ebbage maltby pratt norfolk
    herbert pratt yorkshire/hampshire
    armstrong/rickinson/harrison/beddington yorkshire

Comment

I think that there may be a get-out:
      External borrowers

Recognising the links between the University and the wider community in our area, members of the public are welcome to make use of the University Library for reference, without charge. Use of the Library is at the discretion of the Librarian (we do not require registration).
      But you'd need to ring and check first. I was going to visit myself, on one occasion, until I realised that the records I was after weren't there, after all! My recollection is that they were going to ask me for some kind of ID.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
      X