James & Ann Elizabeth LEE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James & Ann Elizabeth LEE

James Lee was born in Clerkenwell in 1836. In 1862 he married Ann Elizabeth Philpot in Islington. They are found on the 1871 census living in Shoreditch with one son John aged 1yr. After that I cannot find anything for them. When Census, BDM's etc., fail to bring up anything I go to Immigration but here again I have drawn a blank.

Anyone offer a suggestion please ?????

dreeny22

what was his occupation

Comment

There is a baptism on Ancestry (LMA records) for John - 30th Jan 1870.
      There is also a baptism for a Selina Lee, parents James (occ. Basket maker) and Ann - Bethnal Green.
      There is a subsequent marriage for Selina on 19th November 1895 to Thomas Purvis - the marriage certificate (which is on Ancesty) shows father as James, occ. basket maker. Doesn't say deceased next to his name - although of course that doesn't necessarily mean he wasn't!

Can't see him in the census at the moment.
      Elaine

Comment

You would think Selina would bring them up wouldnt you. On the 1871 all three have Not known for their place of birth. I guess may be a land lord gave the info?
        Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 02-03-11, 21:47.

Comment

in 1891 there is a
          James Lee born abt 1833 Bethnal Green a Basket Maker
          Wife Ann born abt 1834 London
          Daughter Hannah born abt 1875 Bethnal Green
          living at 35 Foxes Buildings Southwark

RG12 344 85 56

could that be them ?

Comment

Hello Val,
            Thanks for that. However, I've searched and searched and I cannot find that one.

Dreen22

Comment

Thanks Elaine.
              Found all those, very helpful. However, following the marriage I have not been able to follow them up although a basic index search on the 1911 does bring up a Thomas Purvis aged 71 years, married.
              Selina does not show up though.

dreen22

Comment

Working...
              X