Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry at it again?

HELP please !!!
    I have been on Ancestry .co.uk and its changed...I dont like it!!

How can I get the old search back.

I would appreciate your help.

Maggie

My Ancestry sub isn't current so I don't use it all that much.

But last time that happened to me, I found that using the new search got me to a list of (too many) hits, but once there, I found a link to the old search, and could get back to reality!

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks Christine,I will give that a go.

Maggie

Comment

Perhaps I should have mentioned that the link was not blazoned abroad on the page! Just the two words in ordinary mixed case, somewhere near the top of the window.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I've got Ancestry.com.au and it's given me the irrits all day. It keeps reverting to the new search.........There's nowhere to put the census ref in the new one and some records are missing.

I've got to log out and back in each time and there's a little "go to old search" box. If I cleck that, I'm fine..........until......I want another search. Then it's log out and back in to find the little box......grrr!!!!

Not happy.

Comment

Hi Maggie
            I know what you mean, it's a pain when it does it. This is what I do -
            1 - Once I have the page up for the old search in BMD's i.e. http://www.ancestry.co.uk/search/rec...eebmd/bmd.aspx
            I save it to my favourites, and the same with the census section i.e. http://www.ancestry.co.uk/

It usually stays that way in my favourites for ages. Every now and then though it reverts back to the new search. Then I click on Search (above), then search all records, and you should see a very small 'old search' near the top, right hand side. Once I am back to the old search bit I re save them to my favourites again.

Hope this helps.
            Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

mine is driving me mad too, I did save the old search Census records in my Ancestry Toolbar but even then it opens in the new search so no options for putting Census reference.

Comment

I always start by selecting "Search" from the bar at the top. It always (well nearly always!) starts me with the old search. But if you do get the new search there is the Old search option lurking in very small print up near the top right hand corner.
                Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Thanks everyone, at the moment I am into the old search at last!!

What a carry on......wish they would leave things alone.....just add new information to the old search.

Maggie

Comment

Yes, you can access the old search by the link top right hand side - just the two tiny words there.

Comment

With mine, I can only access the old search by logging out and back in. Once I've made one search in the "old one", it takes me to the new search and there isn't the little "old search" box anymore.

Log out....log in....click "old search"....search one name.....try another...no "old search"....log out.....log in....start over.

If they are going to keep that idea, I won't renew.

Comment

Just as bad in reverse. I have had a sub to Ancestry.uk for 10 years or more but it has a habit of automatically changing me to Ancestry.au. Trouble I don't want AU I want UK
                        'cause that is where all my rels lived. Hopeless.

David
                        Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

Working...
                        X