Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tarenappa Clayton

Hello Everyone

I am looking for my relative called Tarenappa Clayton. She was born in 1853 and lived at 5 Foundary St Kingswinford. Her father was Robert Clayton and her mother was called Mary. I came across this site by typing in her name and up popped a thread from a lady called Bethanys Gran which was posted on to the Forum on 25th November 2008.
    Bethanys Gran was looking for Isiah Clayton who is Tarenappa father and also had a brother called Isiah and lived in Rushall Walsall in the 1861 Census.
    Isiah had a son called Edward who was Tarenappas brother. Edward married a girl called Mary Ann. They had 8 children. One of them is Dorothy (Doris) Clayton. Doris Clayton is my Grandma.
    Why Im writing this is because I want to find Bethanys Gran as she may be a relation to myself and It would be fabulous to find a living relative. Bethanys Gran said it was a long shot and it definately was because 3 years later Ive seen her thread. Im hoping to find Bethanys Gran and find out if she is a relative of mine and say we are still living in Rushall.

I think mine might be a long shot too?????

Jane Cooper

Hi Jane and welcome to FTF
    It is a few months since Bethany's Gran came on line. I would suggest that you click on the link below and send her a private message. If she has her settings set accordingly she will receive an e-mail from FTF telling her that she has a message from you.

Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Tarenappa is a most unusual name. Are you certain this is correct, or could it be Karanhappuch?

OC

Comment

That's definitely the most likely name, although I think the usual spelling is Kerenhappuch.

And in fact somebody's changed it to that spelling on the 1861 census:

You can contact them by clicking on their name if you have an Ancestry subscription.

Can't find a birth for her, though.

Comment

Here she is:

Births Mar 1852
          CLEATON Kerenhappuck / Stourbridge / 6c 194

Stourbridge registration district includes Kingswinford.

Comment

Yes, I knew the correct spelling but thought that maybe it had been spelled KARAN on the census and transcribed as TARAN, lol! Sorry, I always expect other people to be able to follow my mind leaps without guidance!

OC

Comment

Hiya Chrissie

Thanks for this infomation. Ive only just managed to get going on the Forum and will give your suggestion a go. You are very kind.

thank you again

Jane Cooper

Comment

Thank you all for replying. I have got Tarranappa on the 1841 Census and then in 1861 Census there is a Karan Chroopach. I thought they were two different people but you guys are probably right. It might be the same person??? I dont have access to the Ancestory subscriptions and am relying on visiting the Pelsall History Centre where they pay to join.
                Im really interested in where the name comes from. I googled it yesterday and found out it is a place in Germany. The only lead ive got is Bethanys Gran at the moment so Im going to send her an email and hope she picks it up.
                Thank you for helping me out and Im sure this wont be the last you hear from me.

Kind Regards to you all

Comment

Kerenhappuch is an old biblical name and it was more common than you might think, even though no one seemed to be able to spell it correctly.

OC

Comment

Jane

if you can get into a library they might have Ancestry that you can use for free on their computers, I know that some of the bigger libraries do.
                    Julie
                    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
                    X