Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know when Ancestry are transcribing the 1911 census?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know when Ancestry are transcribing the 1911 census?

I am getting rather inpatient and wondering if anyone knows when we will have more to go on than the summary books they have at the moment!
    KAREN xx

This is the information on their web site:

About this collection

Uncover the different generations of your family in census records from England, Scotland, Wales, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, covering every decade from 1841 to 1901. Plus, see their original records in our high-quality scans. The exact information varies from year-to-year, but you’ll discover fascinating details such as names of all the family, their ages, birthplaces, occupations and relationships. You can use these facts to delve further into their lives, using birth, marriage and death indexes, immigration records, occupation documents and much more. Our latest addition is the 1911 England & Wales Census Summary Books — we’ll be adding the rest of the 1911 Census over the next few months.
    There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

Comment

Thanks Marion, I suppose I will just have to be patient !! Not one of my many attributes LOL
      KAREN xx

Comment

Have you tried FMP - you don't have to take out an annual sub - works for me!
        There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

Comment

This seems to be their latest bog entry on the subject.
          My Family History Blog Site:

https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Comment

Since releasing the 1911 Census England and Wales Summary Books last December, we’ve been contacted by a number of members who are understandably eager to know when the rest of the 1911 Census will become available on Ancestry.
            We’ve already received the original records for the Census and are now hard at work digitising and transcribing them. This process is very complex and differs for each collection, and we simply don’t know exactly how long it will take at this point. Something of this size would usually take around two years, but we’re doubling our efforts to make sure the whole collection is definitely available by the end of 2011.
            We know the Summary Books aren’t as useful as the full collection but we wanted to give you access to part of the 1911 content as soon as possible. Throughout the year we’ll release the rest of the content in stages. The first stage will be all the scanned record images for the entire country, which we’re aiming to make available as soon as possible. On this blog, we’ll regularly update you on our schedule and confirm any specific times as soon as we can share them with certainty.
            Once the collection is released it will be available to all our UK Essentials, Premium and Worldwide members, at no extra cost.
            Joy

Comment

Hi Marion, I am new to FTF and met up with Vivienne at the WDYTYA show in London last weekend. What is FMP?
              Don

Researching: ANNAL (Orkney/Ontario) BILSTON (Worcestershire) CLARK (Shetland) HOLLOWAY (Worcestershire) RHODES (Worcestershire) WILSON (Orkney)

Comment

As Marion is not online at present - FMP is the find my past site -www.findmypast.co.uk
                You could try a free trial on it. It has similar records to ancestry but, as is ancestry, it is putting on more records every now and then - military, parish records, etc.

Vivienne is a very nice lady
                Last edited by Joy Dean; 02-03-11, 09:20.
                Joy

Comment

Working...
                X