Lost Family?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Family?

I am trying to trace the where abouts of my 2xG/Gfather Patrick O'Neill DoB 1829ish! depending which Census you look at. He arrived in England from Ireland about 1832 according to DoBs of his sibblins.
    On the 1851 Census he is at home in Salford (family name Neale!!) aged 22. By the 1861 he is married to Mary? and with 3 children living in Manchester
    A) I can't find a marriage. (B) After 1861 the whole family disappear!
    The first idea was they all died, but I can't find any death entries. The next is they lift the Country.
    Any advice as to how to what to do please.
    Family details I'm looking for:- Edmondson-N/Yorkshire+Salford. Wilkinson-N/Yorks, [B]O'N[/B]eill-Manchester+Ireland?, Hill-Derbyshire, Warrington-Derbyshire +N.Zealand, Makin- Salford, Partington- Prestwich

Lancs BMD shows that there's an 1861 marriage in St Thomas, Eccleston, near St Helen's - GRO district is Prescot - for Patrick O'Neill and Mary MARTIN - but it's in the second Q, so not only late for the children's birth, but a bit late for the census, too. Of course, neither of those things means you can be certain that it is not the one you're after!

Perhaps one of these is more likely:
    1853 in Liverpool, Register Office or Registrar Attended, Patrick O'NIELL & Mary KEHOE (in Lancs BMD, but not GRO)
    1856 q2 in Prescot, Patrick O'NIELL & Mary KELLEY (in GRO, but not showing, yet, on Lancs BMD)

Christine
    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 26-02-11, 22:29.
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Have you tried Wales or Scotland or did they perhaps return to Ireland?? Or over the water to America?
      Good luck, Rachel
      UK and Worldwide Family History, Ancestral stories, Genealogy Research, Investigations, Tracing Roots, Adoption, Heritage - An opportunity to share stories, hints/tips and problems, in the World of Family History Research

Comment

Working...
      X